chapter xlv

chapter xlv. A Tensed Weekend

Friday

11:03pm

Hey! Just wanted to know if you're doing okay?

I am sorry, I just really am tensed.

Let me know when Varun leaves?

Saturday

12:07am

You still haven't replied. I am sorry if this is intrusive?

2:39am

Okay Anika, you're worrying me. You aren't even seeing these messages.

Why aren't you picking up the calls?

Maybe you're asleep. Fine. Call me in the morning.

8:00am

I know this isn't exactly the time you'd wake up but look at me, hoping? :P

10:00am

Hey?

1:06pm

Honestly, what the fuck is going on?

ANIKA?

and now you aren't even receiving the messages anymore. What the hell is going on?

I am coming over.

1:59pm

WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU

I am standing outside your house. You aren't opening the door.

This is scary Anika.

I'll call Gauri.

Her phone is busy...

Shivaay sighed, the uneasy feeling engulfing him. He sat on the staircase steps, calling Om.

Thankfully, at least someone still knew how to operate their phone.

"Hey Shivaay!" Om answered.

"Om, is Gauri around?"

"Oh she is at another showing. I am about to head to give a speech. I'll get her to contact you as soon as I can?"

"Okay..." Shivaay answered, still unsure.

"If you don't mind me asking, is everything okay?"

"Yeah, I just... Anika's phone is switched off, she isn't receiving any messages. I was wondering if everything is okay." Shivaay bit his lip, looking around.

"Oh, Gauri was just talking to Anika a couple minutes ago, before she headed into the gallery. And Gauri sounded happy? I am sure everything is okay." Om answered.

Shivaay furrowed his brows.

"Why can't I reach her then?"

"Oh sorry, Shivaay they're calling my name on stage. I'll get back to you as soon as I can."

The line was dead before Shivaay could even say anything. He got up and dusted off his clothes, utterly confused. Did Anika block him for some reasomn?