chapter lix

chapter lix. Jinns and Speeches

Shivaay's alarm rang and his eyes immediately opened. He tried to move and realised, yet again, Anika was holding onto him. One of her hands was trapped between them while the other was around his waist.

Shivaay smiled and raised his hand, his finger tracing circles on her cheek.  Anika moved closer and rested her head near his collar bone. “Switch that stupid alarm off.” she mumbled, loosening her hold. Shivaay moved and took his phone. “It's six–”

“Very early in the morning for you to annoy me. Let me sleep.”

Shivaay chuckled, his arm going around her. “I am supposed to teach you the appropriate sleeping schedule, remember?”

Anika only hummed.

“Good Morning.” Shivaay placed a kiss against her ear, making Anika smile.

“Your face is very far away.” Anika whispered, placing a kiss against the juncture between his neck and shoulder. Shivaay stared at her sleeping form. Oh, his brain was back with more ideas. Shivaay sighed a little.

“So, what do you want to do now?”

“Sleep.”

“Anika, I am serious.”

Anika opened her eyes. “What makes you think I am not?”

“Your hot boyfriend is in bed with you on this bright and beautiful morning and you want to sleep?”

Anika groaned. “I will choose sleep over my boyfriend of two days, anyday.”

Shivaay lowered his face, meeting her eyes. “Even if the boyfriend has way better ideas on how you could spend your morning?”

One look at his suggestive smirk and Anika turned around, partly sleepy, mostly flustered. She buried her face in the pillow. Shivaay laughed, placing a kiss against her hair.

Anika felt him get up and leave. Before she knew it, she was lulled back to sleep.

---

Not entirely sure how much time later, Anika was woken up when she felt the bed dip beside her again. “Good Morning to my very rude girlfriend.”

“Not entirely sure how you think this works in your favour.” Anika turned to find him smiling at her.

“Get up and brush your teeth.” Shivaay started poking her arm.

“Ow, why?” Anika hit his finger and began rubbing her arm.

“I let you sleep extra, now you'll get breakfast in bed. I am being the boyfriend of your dreams.”

“I don't know where you get these misconceptions from, but I never dream about any boyfriend.”

“Hey, you've never had a dream about me?” Shivaay asked, suddenly very curious.

Anika thought for a few seconds. “Not that I can remember.”

Shivaay nodded. “I certainly had dreams about you.”

“Dreams? As in multiple times?” Anika asked, lips lifting in a smile.

Shivaay shrugged.

“Come on, tell me, what were they about?” Anika sat up.

“Go brush your teeth Anika!” Shivaay rolled his eyes. “I was kidding. I certainly have better things to dream about.”

“Liar. I am the best thing in your life.” Anika wriggled her eyebrows.

Shivaay stared at her. “The pancakes will go cold.”