chapter lviii

chapter lviii. Date One, Now a Success

Shivaay was busy working on the finishing touches of the table when he heard the door to Anika's room open. Smiling to himself, he walked to see Anika standing at the door, busy with her phone.

"Hey." Shivaay softly whispered, standing in front of her. Anika looked up and gave him a brilliant smile.

"Am I looking dressed up enough, dramaqueen?"

Shivaay chuckled and looked her up and down. "I think this will do."

Anika rolled her eyes. She had obviously put in efforts, dressed in a pair of high-waisted black palazzo pants and a deep blue sleeveless crop top. Her hair was tied in a messy bun. "We match now."

"We do!" Shivaay smiled, looking a little excited. "So, while we will have to cook together, I already set up the table."

Anika smiled back. "Cannot wait to see it."

Shivaay offered a hand and Anika took it, letting him walk her to the little dining table. Anika softly gasped when she saw what he had done. A white satin cloth was laid over the table, three unlit candles sat at the center, surround by rose petals.

"Where did you get all this?"

Shivaay shrugged. "I have Khanna."

"It looks so pretty." Anika turned to him with a grin adorning her face. She turned to look at the table again. "Wait, did you ruin the flower you got me?"

Shivaay smiled. "Well, it was a nice investment on your end, if you ask me."

"How is that?"

Shivaay looked around before spotting what he was looking for. He left her hand and rushed to the center table, coming back with about a dozen roses. "See?"

Anika took them from his hand, looking impressed. "Yeah, smart investment it is." She ran her thumb over the rose petals, slowly grinning. "Look at how smooth it is."

She grabbed his hand and madr him touch the petals. Shivaay nodded, trying not to laugh. "Yep, great texture."

When Anika heard him she looked at him with narrowed eyes. "What?"

Shivaay shook his head. "Nothing."

"Come on!" Anika frowned.

"We still have to cook our dinner, chalo." Shivaay walked to the kitchen, making Anika roll her eyes.

When they reached the kitchen, Shivaay turned to Anika with a mischievous grin. Before she could ask, his hands were on her waist, pulling her closer.

"What happened to 'how can you kiss me before we even begin our first date'?"

Shivaay leaned closer, smiling. "Who said I am kissing you?" With that he made her sit on the counter, smiling to himself. Anika bit her lip, eyes shut.

Shivaay whistled softly making Anika frown. "I already began working on the lasagna."

With that, Shivaay launched into a detailed how-to and Anika tried her best keeping up.

---

An hour and a half later, Shivaay and Anika sat across one another, candles lit and a bowl of generously cheesy lasagna sitting between them.

"I love this." Anika spoke as she stuffed another spoonful in her mouth.

Shivaay bowed a little. "It's both our efforts paying off."