chapter xxxiii

chapter xxxiii. A case of hit and kiss

Anika watched as slowly all Oberoi family members drizzled in, surrounding Misha. Saumya came and stood next to Anika.

“Is she some sort of celebrity?” Anika turned towards Saumya who only shook her head negatively.

“Not that I know of.”

“Right, then. Back to work. I really want to go home.” Anika smiled, opening the diary again.

It was almost fifteen minutes later that she was called, Rudra coming to where she and Saumya were struggling with a couple lights.

“Anika Di, Shivaay Bhaiya's girlfriend is being summoned by the family.”

“Oh, is it necessary right now? I am almost done with the work and I really need to get home. I have early reporting tomorrow.” Anika said.

“Well, you should go meet Misha Di. Bhaiya and her were best friends for a while before she shifted and we sort of lost contact.” Rudra smiled. “Plus, you'll like her. She's amazing.”

“Rudra, the lights.” Anika sighed, looking at the bundle of string lights left.

“Well, you go meet her, I'll help Sumo.”

Saumya groaned. Anika thought for a second before shaking her head. “Fine.”

When she did reach the garden where they all had moved, Pinky excitedly beckoned her.

“Misha puttar, meet Shivaay's very beautiful girlfriends, Anika.” Pinky lovingly ran a hand through Anika's hair which made Anika smile.

“Hey Anika!” Misha came forward for a hug. “I have definitely heard a lot about you.”

Anika chuckled. “I hope so.”

Janhavi mentioned some designs that distracted Misha but not before she gave Anika, what Anika would call, a 'weird' look. What?

She looked around wondering if she could slip away without being noticed. She took a step back only to crash into someone. Before she could turn around, Shivaay softly said, “Hey, watch where you're going.”

“Ab aankhein peeche lag du?” Anika snorted which made Shivaay chuckle. Anika frowned. Since when did he laugh at her jokes? For some reason, Shivaay leaned in closer to her ear and she could feel his breath on her neck. Anika gulped.

“Remember Misha?”

“Have I met her before?” Anika tried to think.

“Oh no no no,” Shivaay mumbled, “I told you na, we couldn't break up for a while because my family was talking to Misha's about our alliance?”

“Oh, she's the root cause of all my problems.” Anika nodded her head, trying to step ahead but Shivaay had held her by her elbow.

“She may think the same way about you.”

“Oh! That explains the look she gave me!” Anika smiled excitedly.

“What look? I was kidding, Misha's pretty understanding.”

Anika scrunched her nose. “Well, I have work to do. You fraternize with the lost love. Bye.”