chapter lxiii

chapter lxiii. Very Valid Concerns

Anika looked on as her parents quietly argued about something. Shivaay was in his room, having received a call from Vidhi.

“Can I at least know what you guys are fighting about?”

“We are not fighting.” Harsh looked at her with wide eyes. “It is a discussion.”

“About how your father is treating Shivaay.” Radhika explained.

“So what?” Harsh rolled his eyes. “He wants my daughter, I am going to give him a hard time about it.”

“I mean, he is not wrong.” Anika shrugged. “I am sure Shivaay has no problem.”

“Oh really? He is completely okay with your father doing whatever it is, he is doing.”

“I mean, he is nervous but that's normal.” Anika explained and Harsh nodded.

“Well, this is my house and I have seen enough. You will be treating him with respect now.” Radhika said with a strict smile.

“What was up in the market?” Anika whispered to her father.

“And, because of all the trouble you have caused me, Harsh is responsible for cooking the entire dinner.”

Harsh frowned and Anika smiled at her father, sympathetically tapping his shoulder. “You should've fallen in love with my boyfriend the moment he walked through out door.”

“Even before that.” Radhika smiled extra sweetly. “Maybe that would have prevented Shivaay getting drenched.”

Harsh sighed as Anika snickered.

“Oh, that's not all.” Radhika looked at her daughter. “You are helping your father.”

Before Anika could protest, Harsh did. “Thanks, but no thanks.”

Anika smiled. “I will always be ready to help my father.”

Radhika smiled and patted Anika's head. “Off you two go then. I don't want Shivaay complaining about the food.”

“Oh, he won't even if you make him eat the worst possible food. He is too scared of Dad.”

---

When Shivaay walked downstairs, he was confused to only find Anika's mother sitting on the couch, watching some Bollywood movie. Looking around, he sat down himself, focusing on the movie.

“I hope you are comfortable, Shivaay. You can let me know if there is something wrong.” Radhika started, after a few minutes of silence.

“Oh, everything's great. Why do you ask?”

“Well I might have punished my husband to spend time with the worst cook, in the kitchen just so I could get out of cooking for tonight.” Radhika shrugged. “As far as they know, I am upset about how they treated you. You could add and have your your complaints addressed, if any.”

Shivaay chuckled. “I am great. I do kind of feel bad for Uncle. Anika is— terrifying.”

Shivaay looked at his phone, opening his chat with Anika. “Do not torture your father too much.”

To his confusion, a ping resounded from the living room itself. He furrowed his brows.

“Oh, I have Anika's phone.” Radhika shrugged. “Had to maximize the effect.”

Shivaay grinned. At least he could definitely guess which of Anika's traits were inherited from which of her parents. He could definitely benefit from being in Radhika's good books.