chapter xxv

chapter xxv. A Romantic!

Anika tossed in the bed, not a wink of sleep in her eyes. Turning her eyes to the clock on Gauri's bedside table, she frowned. The clock flickered every second. 12:47:36

Frustrated, she got up, wondering what she could do. She had thought having Shivaay around would help but it obviously didn't. Now, she had nothing to do. Not like she could switch on her television with him sleeping. Stupid Anika, should have at least thought it through before offering.

Even her laptop was in her room. Pushing the duvet aside, she took a deeo breath. He must be asleep, sneaking in won't be that difficult.

Gauri and Anika's rooms were right across the small passage. She pushed the door, praying to God he had kept it open. When it did move, she smiled a winning smile. Not all hope was lost. The room was dark. Quickly looking at the bed, she noticed a slump and sighed. At least he looked like a heavy sleeper. Very quietly, Anika stood in front of her cupboard, fishing out the keys from her pocket. Turning them, she opened the door and began looking for her laptop in the dark. When she finally felt the metal under her fingers, Anika grabbed it, and shut the door. She had only turned when she saw Shivaay's ace right in front of her. She let out a little scream, hugging her laptop close to herself.

"What the hell?" she spoke, voice heavy.

"I should be asking you, what are you doing here?"

"I... Weren't you just sleeping two seconds ago?" she turned to the bed to still find the slump. "Oh, that's just the blanket."

"Yeah. Now, what are you doing here?"

"Clearly, I was here for my laptop." she smiled before side-stepping him. "Also, a book. Give me a minute, I'll be out of your hair."

She saw the bathroom lights still on. Oh, he had been inside. Anika turned around and walked to the curtains, pushing them aside to reveal a little bookshelf.

"How is there no window in your room?"

"Oh, there is a window behind the shelf. This was more like a little seating arrangement so I just adjusted a shelf here. I need books more than fresh air. Plus, there's a nice balcony in the living room anyway."

Shivaay switched on the light and walked to the shelf, looking curiously.

Anika continued searching for the latest boom she had bought, trying to not oay attention to him. That is, until she noticed he wasn't wearing a shirt. As he looked at the books, Anika looked at his very naked upper body. She didn't realise she was staring until he chuckled and Anika felt heat rise up her cheeks. She looked at him to find him still going through the shelves. Thank God he hadn't noticed.

"Well, I have an answer to my question now. You are a complete romantic."

Anika quickly pulled out another book, shoving it in his face. "This one's a murder mystery, now I am a murderer." Then another book, "Look, a psychological thriller. I am a psycho!"

"That, you are. Also, not your best defence. There are way too many romance novels. Come on, accept it. You love my Mom because she is such a romantic. Anika is also looking for her one true love."

Anika turned to him with a frown. "Shut. Up."

"Hey come on, you can accept it. You arrange events so you enjoy doing that. Making people happy, I am guessing? I also saw into your events, your taste screams romantic. Plus, you are helping me find a wife for me. I mean, you do seem like-"

"For someone who hates me, you sure did a lot of research." Anika rolled her eyes, cutting him in between.

"Why do you need your laptop at 1 am anyway?"