chapter xxxviii

chapter xxxviii. Secrets?

See, as a kid Anika knew that her list of regrets would keep growing all her life. She was destined to embarass herself, no matter what.

Ruining Shivaay's date's dress. That was a new low. Tia, of course was immediately enraged.

“What the hell?” Her shrill voice made Anika flinch.

“I am so sorry” Anika mumbled. “I really have to take this urgent call and I was in a hurry.”

“That does not mean you go around blind.” Tia mumbled, looking at the wine stain. Oh, that was never coming off.

Tia's scream of course made Shivaay come to them with a worried look.

“You've put in an extremely embarrassing position.” Tia grunted.

“I could pay for the cleaning” Anika mumbled, eyes flitting to her phone screen. “Can I just take this call? I'll be back in a minute.”

“Of course you will be.” Tia scoffed.

Shivaay looked at them for a few seconds, Anika looked panicked.

“Tia, I am sure Anika didn't mean to do it. Can we just get back—”

“You know her?” Tia furrowed her brows.

Anika sighed, swiping her phone call to end. This just escalated.

Shivaay looked at Anika who looked pissed now. Wow, this was not what he was used to handling.

“I just really want to–”

“Oh my God!” Tia looked at them with a sudden realisation. “I know you!”

Anika smiled weirdly. “I am pretty sure we've never met.”

“No, you guys were dancing together at the party!”

Shivaay and Anika looked at each for a troubled second. “That is...” Anika made a face, “accurate.”

“Very creepy.” Shivaay said at the same time.

Tia narrowed her eyes.

“Oh come on, you weren't at the party, knowing who I was dancing with is creepy, even for you.” Shivaay smiled a little.

“What do you mean 'even for you'?” Anika and Tia said at the same time.

Shivaay barely was able to cover his laugh.

Tia stared at them for a few seconds. “Okay what kind of sick game is this?”

Anika was confused. “This is no game, Tia. I worked as their event planner that day which is how Shivaay knows me. I genuinely didn't mean to ruin this dress or your date. I just have to call a guy back.”

But Tia was already convinced with a theory she came up with. “You guys are dating!”

Shivaay and Anika mirrored each other's comical faces.

“Where did that come from?” Anika looked at her curiously.

“Everyone knows Shivaay enough, he doesn't dance, especially not with any lady during any of the parties. It's a known fact.”

Anika looked at Shivaay who only nodded in confirmation. Remember that little devil on Anika's shoulder, it definitely jumped around.

“Okay but that's because—”

“I don't want any excuses. If this is some sick joke for what happened almost fifteen years ago, it's a child's move.”

Shivaay frowned. “Why would I still be stuck on that?”