Chapter 10

So, freshman year was difficult. Biology was hard because I had the hardest teacher. Then something happened. I started getting migraines. They were all severe never moderate or small. It was always severe. It was tied in with my period so I would always have a severe migraine a week before I started bleeding.

I hated it because no matter what I couldn't do anything. No matter what when I took medicine it wouldn't work. I had to go home and take the original procedure. Put an icepack on my forehead with it covering my eyes and forehead. With no light coming through the windows. Stuff like that.

The weirdest thing happened every time though.

Whenever I laid in bed I would take the icepack off and lay on my side. I don't, by the way, move in my sleep. 

So I would always wake up in a sleeping beauty position. I would be laying on my back with my legs together. Feet pointing upward and my hands folded together on my stomach. My hair would be laying under me at a perfect angle. The icepack would be over my eyes and my forehead. That's how I always would wake up when I had a migraine.

I started taking these pills from my doctor. At first, it was a 50 dosage and then I made the decision to bump it up to a 75 dosage. I had a small migraine during class. So I bumped it to a 75 dosage. My mom didn't agree with me, but I argued with her that I know my body. So I moved from taking the 50 dosage pill to the 75.

Turn's out I was right.

I didn't have migraines anymore. I took the pill every week before my period on the 28th day. I stopped taking it to see if I improved and if I would stop having migraines. I did, but I'm still cautious and nervous that I'll have a migraine again. That's my thoughts when ever I have a headache. I always hope it's not a migraine. I haven't had a migraine in a while. I'm happy about that. 

So After the first semester, I learned to love agriculture. I took agriscience and worked in the greenhouse. That was my favorite part. Working in the greenhouse. I loved it. My best friend and I made that greenhouse that year. We raised it from nothing to something. No one else cared but us. We worked hard on it. I never wanted to leave the classroom. At the end of the year, we sold all of the plants and made a lot of money.

I saw that we had a class we could take on Greenhouse Management and I wanted to take it really badly. I learned from Nora that we were supposed to take all the agriculture classes in order though. 

So, now I'm taking two class that will not benefit me so next year I can take greenhouse management. The teacher isn't that good so I'm not learning anything.

At the end of the year, I received two agriculture awards. I received the agriscience award and the Greenhand award for FFA. Future Farmers of America. I was so very happy to receive the agriscience award. That's the only award I wanted. 

Something else that happened was that I got to go to 4-H Congress!