Chapter 12

Besides 4-H Congress, Freshman year went by quickly. When we got back Nora told Mrs. Mose, our agriscience teacher, a second mother to me and Nora, that I liked Drew. She looked at me and asked who Drew was with a smirk. I showed her with a blushing face. Then I told her about Nora and Sam.

Freshman year went by fast. Our FFA didn't do so good. Future Farmers of America. it's this club where you compete in competitions and learn about teamwork, leadership, and things like that. It's my favorite club. It's almost dead here in town. 

But that didn't stop me. I was able to go to FFA camp over the summer with another group of kids. I went with another FFA group. They are the best FFA in the state. My brother and I went to camp with them. It was so much fun. 

I at first didn't like it because I didn't know anyone there. Yet, I spent a week with them and now want to go back to camp with them. There was something new every day. I always had fun. I made a lot of friends that I will never forget. I met a lot of other county advisors that welcomed me as a part of their family if I didn't feel comfortable with the FFA county I came with.

I can't tell you all the friends I made. I still talk to this one girl. Her name is Evelyn. I won't say anything about her, but I will say something about her boyfriend Sean. When I first met him I knew that he went to boys state with Trey.

INTERMISSION

Boys state is a place where high school junior boys go to a college in the state, I'm not saying which one and they march and do a lot of physical training. They also would get into politics. Trey went there in his junior year.

OVER

So he could never get my name right.

I know what you're thinking how could someone get your name wrong? That's very rude.

Chill guys. It's happened to me so many times. I promise I'm fine with it now, but if you call for me with the wrong name I won't turn around unless you put your hand on my shoulder letting me know you want to talk to me.

Trey does this thing where he calls me Ross. I honestly don't know why and the place he got this name from was from a YouTuber named YourPalRoss. We both liked his channel and he calls me Ross and I don't know why. 

Sean and Trey connected and he asked me if he could call me Ross and I said no. He asked what my name was and I told him to figure it out. He never got it right until Evelyn told him. I'm happy we are still friends. I won't forget the jokes we made together.

Camp was fun I participated in an Extemporaneous speech and a volleyball tournament. My team won. I hope that next year I can go back with them. I thanked the president later and said thank you for making my brother and I feel welcome here at your FFA. They said they will always save us a seat on the bus. I want to go back badly. I plan on going back this summer.

I won't forget the friends I made there,

JT

Aaron

Selena

Evelyn

Sarah

Mrs. Jennifer 

Sean

Jordan 

Makenzie

Lena

Mr. Ross

Mr. Greene

And so many other people.

Thank you all for helping me. That was the best week of my life. So thank you all for making it so fun and full of laughter. I will never forget my experience there. I hope I can see you guys again. It would make my life happier.

After camp, the rest of my summer consisted of visits to my cousin's house along with my Nana and grandpa. A regular boring summer. I wish I could have done more, but what could I have done? 

Sophomore hit with a big bang.