Chapter 29

So you know when you have a bad day it's terrible? Yeah I had one of those. We all have. Wanna know the fun thing? It was just something after something that made my day worse.

Today I went to my first block and we had an exam. Now I was gone the entire week except for 2 days because I was on a trip. I still had to take it. I was fine with that. It was a Spanish test and I had studied and prepared for it. So I sat with two of my friends Olivia and Rain.

INTERMISSION

Olivia is a junior girl who follows me around everywhere. We are friends there are just somethings she does that ticks me off or annoys me.

INTERMISSION OVER

We sat together in my old English class in Mrs. Owel's. Our regular teacher Ms. Stacy wasn't there. We sat together in the top right corner of the room. We had one more desk open for someone to sit in. It was beside me.

So There are these two boys in my class Noah and Liam. they talk all the time in class and don't take notes. They always are together so they can talk.

Well, the only seats left was the one beside me and another one across the room. Noah sat beside me and Liam sat on the other side of the room. So, We all stood up to put our hands over our hearts and pledge allegiance to the flag. Before Noah asked me a question. Now at the time I was helping another person understand some things which was fine, but then Noah asked me a question.

He did not like my answer.

   " Hey, Laura can you switch seats with Liam please? " He asked.

   " No, sorry Noah. "

We all stood up for the pledge and he called me a name. Now I have heard this name before and as I've mentioned before no one can ever bring me down as low as I have brought myself down.

   " Stupid B****. "

Yeah that's what he said.

INTERMISSION

Now I would usually put the cuss word but I know I do have some innocent people reading and I'm going to not curse so I will go back later and change them.

INTERMISSION OVER

That's what he called me. Yeah, just because I didn't switch seats with him.

So that was the first thing to ruin my day.

The second thing was the Spanish test. So Rain had told me what was on the test since she was there when Ms. Stacy said what was on the test, I studied for it. Mrs. Owel reads what topics was on the test and some of the stuff was not what we were told to study. So I tried hard to study what no one was told before the test. I felt pretty good about it, but I hated how she didn't tell us the truth about the test.

That was only my first block. My second block was fine I took a little nap and we watched a show for the landscaping class. It was nice and I felt like I needed the sleep, because where we stayed for the trip was an hour ahead and I was still trying to get use to my regular time zone.

So then third block came around. Alexander had told me they were taking tests all week and we both agreed we need to continue watching the geometry movie we had. When we got to class that's not what happened.

He passed out a quiz that everyone had to finish. they had done it at some point during the week while I was gone. Key phrase ' I was gone '. I wasn't there for a review or anything. I asked him,

   "Mr. Law, what do I need to do? I wasn't here for it. "

He handed me the paper and said to take it real quick.

Do you want to know how many questions I missed on that quiz? I missed all of them except for one of them. He said he wasn't taking that for a grade. I was happy with that. then he handed out another paper and they went over it. He said he was taking it for a participation grade. I asked him the same question.

   " You won't need to do anything. It'll just be a blank spot on your report. It won't hurt and/or help your grade. "

Here was my thoughts.

   ' Okay? Well, why does everyone else get a participation grade and I don't? You know that I would have participated in this so why not just give me the one hundred? It's going to help everyone so why won't you let it help my grade? '

I was mad.

I was so mad I lost my appetite.

I didn't eat lunch at all. I usually bring lunch, but I just couldn't eat. I lost my appetite. So I didn't eat breakfast and I didn't eat lunch. I had lost my appetite and didn't eat. So after lunch ( Which I didn't eat ) my class walked back to class. Alexander was talking with Petunia and I was sitting in my chair and thinking.

When ever I take a grade or a test even if they don't take a grade for it I judge myself based on how I did. I put myself down because I missed so much. I told myself that I need to get better and that I shouldn't have taken that trip. I kept thinking the worst of myself.

Then Alexander tried cheering me up.

' Tried '

He didn't succeed.

We joked and everything walked down the hallway together, but it just didn't cheer me up. I felt numb again. I walked to my fourth block and was about to snap.