Ares x reader || Coming for you

You've just had enough of it.

You've had enough of Ares.

As almost all days a fight happened; may it be the eleventh or the millionth time you already lost count.

You couldn't even do something that he had something to say against, well better say always...

and that time it happened because one of his soldiers dared to compliment you and you blushed at him unwillingly.

And Ares being Ares made a huge fuss, got all angry and jealous and nearly killed his man.

This is why in that moment you, still in armour and with sword, were storming off the campsite and went in the direction of the forest.

You had to cool down.

"Hate him! Hate him! Hate him!".

You kept on repeating to yourself while relieving your stress by beating the sword here and there.

You went further in a rage and little by little the quiet and peaceful vibe of the forest pervaded you and in no time you were able to calm yourself.

And as you calmed yourself down you looked at your surroundings; you were in an area of the forest unknown to you and so you decided to take a walk around.

You kept on and as you observed around you found yourself appearing in front of a little lake.

Your eyes wandered in that quiet place until they met an unusual animal.

Tail and body of a lion;

long razor claws at the end of each paw;

enormous eagle wings opened on its sides...

and an eagle-like head with a sharp, razor edged sickle beak.

Only an animal could be: a gryphon.

You couldn't believe your eyes! You only heard of that creature and you knew that getting to see it was a rather unique and rare opportunity.

However that animal was there, in front of you, drinking quietly and you were able to take a look at it, a majestic yet dangerous beast.

You had to seize that opportunity or you couldn't have another one.

So you didn't think twice and quietly and carefully you approached the animal to take a better look at it.

Luckily it didn't notice you but as you got in its range the beast turned its head... and its big sharp brown eyes were opened wide and fixed on you looking menacing.

You felt threatened by that look that you immediately thought of take out the sword.... but as you put your hand on the pommel the creature altered.

It jumped on its hind legs and with the forelegs it started kicking all while you fell on your back on the ground being surprised by its sudden reaction.

The griffin was ready to attack you and as you were disarmed you raised your arms in front of your face to defend yourself.

You shrieked in fear and as the animal hit you your scream in a second it became one of pain.

"Help!" you screamed hoping someone would hear you.

"Ares!".

You kept on shouting out your lover's name.

A moment passed, one that seemed an eternity to you.

"Y/n! Stay back!".

You heard a strong masculine voice... it was Ares.

The god drew his sword and challenged the beast in a fight right away. In few seconds and hits the creature was slain and as Ares finished it you got up on your legs.

"Don't misunderstand me" Ares told as he sheathed the sword. "I saw you going in the forest and I thought you were off to the gryphon. So I followed you to come here and kill it to add it on my collection".

You knew the truth though and you chuckled and nodded to support him.

He got close to take a look at you.

"All ok?".

"It's just a scratch... it will heal" you told as you showed him your arm.

"A gryphon's scratch isn't just a scratch.. you need to be healed. Let's get back to get you treated".

You two so went back to the camp.

"I'm sorry for this morning too, Ares" you blurted out suddenly as you were walking and putting your arm around his muscular one. "I love you".

Ares didn't answer back but only smirked;

but you knew him well and your heart returned at ease as everything was resolved.