Chapter 13

The next couple of weeks seemed to drag on. Ella had gone back to work; she had to deal with a new doctor who kept asking her out. His name was Bradley Saunders, he was extremely good looking. Tall, blue eyes and light brown hair. Ella kept telling him that she was seeing someone, but he kept trying.

Ella got extremely frustrated with him, but Dr Saunders would smile and keep his pursuit. It was like he wouldn't take no for an answer.

Ella had just gotten to the hospital; she was in for the next 12 hours, overnight. Night shifts could either be busy and insane, or slow and boring. She hoped for a busy night. She had talked to Josh earlier on the phone and he seemed distant, even his text messages seemed different. It was weighing on her mind, she didn't want to come out and ask him if there was something wrong.

"Excuse me Miss."

Ella looked up from her charting. "Can I help you?"

"My husband has been in the waiting room for two hours now, we were told he would be seen because he was having chest pain but no one came back. He says it is getting worse."

Ella gave the lady a soft smile. "My name is Ella and I am an RN, take me to your husband. I will have a look at him." Ella said moving around the desk and following the lady back to the waiting area. Usually people with chest pain were first priority, but some nurses didn't do their jobs properly. "What is your name?" Ella asked sweetly.

"Corlynn Ramsay."

Ramsay, Ella thought, she wondered if they were any relation to Josh.

She followed the lady out to the waiting area; she brought a vital cart with her. "Hi sir, my name is Ella I am an RN. I hear you are having some discomfort? Can you tell me your name sir?"

"Miles." He said wincing.

Ella could tell there was something going on. Mr Ramsay was pale, and clammy, she could tell he was in a great deal of pain.

"Miles can you describe the pain to me? On a scale of 1 to 10, 1 being a slight pain and 10 being a pain like you have never felt before in your life."

He looked at Ella and smiled a little. "I would say it is an 8. It feels like someone is sitting on my chest."

Ella took his blood pressure and his pulse. "Miles I am going to have you come with me." She smiled at him. "I am going to get you a wheel chair."

She got Miles into the wheel chair and back into a trauma room. She hooked him up to some oxygen and gave him an aspirin to take. "I am going to get the doctor, I will be right back." Ella smiled at both Mrs and Mr Ramsay.

She went out to the nurses station to have Dr Saunders paged, but he was coming towards her.

"Dr. Saunders. I have a male in aprox his mid fifties in room four. I think he may be having a heart attack. I gave him an aspirin before coming to find you. I also hooked up oxygen. Do you want an IV started?"

"Let me have a look at him."

They walked back down the hallway into the room. Dr Saunders introduced himself to Miles and Corlynn. He examined him.

"Mr Ramsay, I think you are having a heart attack. We are going to do some blood work and a few tests, start you on some IV fluids. We may have to administer a clot buster as well. Ella will explain everything to you."

With that said the Dr was gone out of the room. Ella loved how doctors didn't have any bedside manner at all. She explained everything to them, and explained that they were going to take the best care of Miles. There was a whole team in the room, caring for him now. Ella took Corlynn aside; she could tell the poor woman was going to have a mental break down.