Wings of Fire Headcannons

Just some random headcanons I think are totally true, and just came up with off the top of my head.

-Turtle is actually a great singer. He doesn't sing often, because he doesn't want to draw attention to himself, but sometimes he'll sing to Kinkajou, who always wants to listen.

-Glory and Deathbringer actually shared a kiss the night after the volcano exploded. Glory had been sitting outside, trying to organize her thoughts, and Deathbringer had found her and thanked her for saving him. He had originally just kissed her on the cheek, but Glory had sighed, giving in, and she kissed him properly on the lips.

-Clay went to Sunny for relationship advice once he realized that he liked Peril, because he had no idea what to do or how to approach Peril about what he was feeling. Sunny was the only DOD to encourage Clay and Peril's relationship.

-Coral planned to disown Tsunami for being in love with Riptide. It was Glory who managed to convince the Seawing Queen to give the relationship a chance and keep Tsunami in the family.

-Tamarin and Kinkajou are actually sisters, but they've never done the venom test, so they don't know it.

-Jambu is actually Glory's full brother, not just a half brother. Their parents are Orchid and Mangrove, and Jambu knows this. He just hasn't told Glory because he doesn't want it to mess up the friendship Glory has with Mangrove.

-Mangrove and Orchid knew Glory's egg was stolen, and they spent years mourning the loss. The rest of the Rainwings never understood because they didn't care who's dragonet was who's. Mangrove and Orchid cared, though, because they wanted to be a proper family.

-Jambu saw Webs fleeing the rainforest with the rainwing egg, and he caught up to him, recognizing the egg because his parents took him to the hatchery often to see it. He didn't know why, but he thought it was important that Webs take his sibling, so he just stared at the Seawing and said "Her name is Glory." Webs insisted that her name be Glory afterwards so that one day her family might remember her if Glory ever found a way back to the rainforest.

-Kestrel stopped regretting having dragonets after she met Peril. She was proud of her daughter, and a part of her was glad that she hadn't been the one to raise Peril, because she thought she would have messed up and Peril wouldn't have turned out to be such a good dragon.

-Dune always had a soft spot for Sunny. He made sure the guardians didn't work her too hard and hurt her because he felt he owed it to Thorn to take care of her. He never stopped regretting that he stole Sunny in the first place though.

-A piece of Thorn forgave Dune once she met her daughter and realized that he had made her into a good dragon.

-Riptide's mother wasn't sent into war and died. She was killed before his very eyes by Queen Coral because of what Webs had done. Riptide never forgave his father for stealing Tsunami's egg because it lead to the death of innocent dragons.

-Clay and Tsunami never forgave Kestrel and Webs because they abandoned their own dragonets.

-Clay's father was a war hero, and Clay unknowingly dreamvisited him when he and Sunny were trying to stop the battle. 

-Crane and Carnelian are best friends in the afterlife.

-Carnelian and Flame were siblings, but Morrowseer only cared about Flame for the prophecy, so Carnelian was left behind in the Sky Kingdom while Flame and their mother left for the Talons of Peace. This is why Carnelian was always bitter and a strong fighter- she was angry at her family, and she wanted to be able to prove to her mother that she was strong, that she meant something and shouldn't have been left behind.