Clifflet Oneshot

Queen Coral was having a meeting with Queen Ruby, and seeing as Ruby was incapable of breathing underwater, Coral came to the Sky Kingdom.

She brought her youngest daughter with her, naturally, because no one in the Sea Kingdom could be trusted to look after Auklet, despite her 32 sons' insistence that they could, not to mention Tsunami's own offer to take her sister and show her the rainforest while Coral was away. 

Nope. Not on Coral's watch. Auklet was far too young to venture into the rainforest, especially with all the shady Nightwings still there, and her sons would most likely kill their sister out of jealously rather than watch her. So Auklet, harnessed as usual, came to the meeting.

Ruby, knowing Auklet was coming along, kept Cliff close by, figuring it would be a good idea. She convinced Coral to let Auklet off the harness while they had their meeting, insisting that she would be left with Cliff and that both dragonets would be perfectly safe and guarded against anything that might happen. So while Ruby and Coral went off to discuss boring border problems and Ruby's own engagement, Cliff and Auklet were left alone in a playroom.

Well, mostly alone. Guards stood at the doors and windows, per Coral's demands and Ruby's calm instructions.

It was the first time the two dragonets had met.

Auklet had hardly ever seen a Skywing, let alone really met one. She thought Cliff was pretty though, with his red scales, and a big smile on his face. He seemed to radiate happiness in a way that made her feel comfortable and happy too. She liked that.

Cliff had only seen one or two Seawings before, but he was positive, utterly positive, that Auklet was the prettiest one in existence. Her blue scales and eyes matched the sky, and all Skywings loved the sky, after all.

"Hi!" He said cheerfully. "I'm Cliff."

"I'm Auklet," She replied, more quiet than Cliff was. Cliff was used to getting attention in his Kingdom. He was Ruby's only dragonet, and that mean he had a lot of friends. Auklet was the opposite. She barely got the chance to leave Coral's side. She didn't have friends her own age, or at all. She was used to having to stay quiet at her mother's side, trained to not make a sound, whereas Cliff was raised to let his opinion be heard.

"You're very pretty," Cliff said, meaning every word. Auklet blushed and stared at the floor, smiling. 

"You are too." Cliff laughed.

"Boys can't be pretty, silly! Mommy says boys are handsome, and girls are beautiful."

"Well, can't we both be pretty though?" Cliff paused and he smiled.

"I guess so." He bounced around her, excited. "What do you do for fun?"

"Nothing," Auklet replied. "I don't really get to have much fun." Cliff gasped.

"Well-Well that's NO FUN AT ALL! I have LOTS of fun, and you should too. I'm gonna have to show you how to have fun." Auklet grinned.

"Okay... What do you do for fun?"

"I go flying and I write songs and sing them and I play with my friends and I watch Mommy rule the whole Kingdom!"

"You write songs?" Auklet's eyes widened in surprise. "My mother writes scrolls. They say she's a great writer."

"Yeah, I write LOTS of songs. I'm gonna be the best singer in Pyrrhia one day. Mommy says so. She says I'm a great rhymer."

"Could I hear one of your songs?"

"Sure! OH! I have an even better idea! I'll write a new song, just for you!" 

"Just for ME?" Auklet blinked in awe. No one had ever wanted to hang out with her, let alone write her a song. Cliff nodded frantically.