What's Next?

So I was thinking about Wings of Fire, as usual, and I feel like this is the first real time we haven't really known what's coming next for the series. The third arc just ended, and to my knowledge, Tui has not confirmed whether or not a fourth arc is happening. The TV show just got cancelled before it even began (AND YES I'M STILL ANGRY), so I'm left wondering what's next for the series, so I've been thinking up some ideas.

Right now we have 15 main series books, 3 arcs, 4 Winglets, 5 graphic novels with the 6th on the way, 2 Legends books, and 2 additional books, Forge your Dragon World and the Coloring Book. Also apparently (and I legit just learned this after writing half of this but ssshhhh), there will be a new book coming out on March 7th, 2023, called A Guide To The Dragon World, and it will provide a more in depth look at all of the tribes including the events of the Scorching, why the RainWings became pacifists, full-color pictures of the queens, how MudWings are named and raised, and is supposedly an updated, longer guide made by Starflight with the help of his friends!

YES MORE SCORCHING LORE PLZ AND THANK YOU ALL I WANT IS LORE. AND PLEASE TELL ME MORE ABOUT THE QUEENS.

....Also feel like the Mudwing part might hopefully address that potential incest thing so that should help hopefully.

Anyway, here's a braindump of me listing things I think would be interesting to see, seeing as I feel like Book 15 cannot be the last of the series as, while 15's ending did answer a lot of questions I've had about the series for a long time and it was a good ending for the third arc, it didn't feel like the ending of such a large series. Too many questions about other characters were left open ended. So what comes next?

1. A fourth arc.

Someone commented on my ranting about 15 that with Cliff, Auklet, Dusky, Mink, and Bumblebee, Tui does have enough characters for a fourth arc, and I think they're really onto something there. Tui didn't focus a lot on baby dragonets in the first two arcs, but I felt they had a lot more focus in the third, which could imply that a fourth arc is possible, and will likely come with some sort of time jump to when the baby dragonets are older. A time jump would also allow her to show us more progression of the relationships she's introduced in the series, as she's said before that she doesn't do much with the romance element because the dragons are still kids/teens. Making them older with a time skip would solve this issue, and might even give us the opportunity to see more of the dragonets from Moon's vision.

2. A book on the DOD's kids or other ship things

Another arc is a lot of work, so it's possible Tui will settle for a Legends-esque book wrapping up the series and everyone in it, and maybe if we're lucky it'll be nothing but ship fluff because I know she ships Glorybringer and will be reading the hell out of our fanfictions when the series is over, get ready, I'm not- So maybe through a book focusing on wrapping up the characters we'll see more of Cleril's kid, Firefly, etc. or maybe she'll write a book focusing entirely on this next generation without talking much about the DOD. Either way I'm not complaining-

3. Winglets. ALL THE WINGLETS.

The Winglets are great, in my opinion, because they have very little significance to the main series, but they enhance so much about the side characters. I know so much more about Deathbringer and Six-Claws and who they are because of their Winglets, and yet the only questions they answer in regards to the actual series is how Six-Claws, Thorn, and Dune ended up friends and why Deathbringer became an assassin/why he was okay with not completing missions. Tui could write endless amounts of Winglets, giving us more material and more background on so many characters, and I'm gonna list a few I'd really like to see.

-Stonemover. Tell me how he met Thorn. Show me how they fell in love, how he made the decision to leave his tribe for her, then tell me WHY THE FUCK DIDN'T HE WRITE MORE THAN ONE LETTER.

-Carnelian. She was such a small character who largely existed just to be mean, and this is definitely mostly because of my TorD series, but I just feel like there's so much more to her we never got to see.

-Firefly. If Tui doesn't want to write another arc or give us other material on the DOD's kids, a Winglet would be a perfect little snapshot to give us as it wouldn't take away from anything, and since Firefly is the only named dragonet (from what I remember) it only makes sense to write about her. SHOW ME THE GLORYBRINGER CHILD, TUI.

-Whiteout. Post-events of Darkstalker Legends. I want to see how she coped with losing her whole family, as well as Clearsight. I'm sure the Nightwing tribe was not kind to her during this time, and I'm sure it really deepened or broke her relationship with Thoughtful. How did she get through it?

-Blob. Where the hell is my octopus and is he ok.

-Pineapple. We didn't get as much background on him and his relationship with Jambu as I thought we would, so tell me more about this strange little Rainwing that was willing to go to a different continent and fight!

-Grandeur. She. Has. Stories. AND I KNOW IT. Maybe tell me about Glory's parents???

-Umber/Sora. Where the hell ARE they?

-Sunstreak. Clearsight definitely came to Pantala with a lot of baggage, and I'm sure it was strange for him to end up with a dragon unlike anything anyone had ever seen before. What was that like?

4. Someone picks up the TV Show.

Yes, Netflix did stop production of the show, as well as many other projects they were going to start, but it seems like Netflix might be going downhill lately anyways, so it's entirely possible another studio might get the rights and work to develop the show as well. My example for this is the show Lucifer, which was on FOX but was cancelled after 3 or 4 seasons. The backlash over the cancellation was so big that Netflix picked up the show and continued it for another 3 seasons. So basically.....if you have social media, make some noise with it, and hopefully enough people will rally that maybe the show might get made. If not, that's okay too. Maybe Netflix will come back to it, maybe it will never be adapted. I can't say for sure, we'll just have to wait and see and hope.

5. Another Legends book.

On what? I have no idea, but my thought is that it'd be really cool to see how Pantala turned into what it is, with the trees being removed and Leafwings being forced out and Silkwings being essentially enslaved. Stuff like that takes time, and it could be an interesting place to provide more background on the old Silkwing queen. I would also suggest one on the Scorching, but it sounds like we're getting that information in the Guide soooo

6. Thorn.

I don't care if it's a Winglet or a Legends or what, I would just personally LOVE a book on Thorn, on Thorn and Stonemover, on Thorn realizing that Dune betrayed her and Sunny was taken and her reaction to that, on Thorn creating an empire through her rage and grief and Thorn B U Y I N G Qibli and Thorn becoming a leader and an icon and what she's up to these days. Do she and Six-Claws play cards? They definitely have game nights together, right? They definitely do, and they gossip about everything and I need this. I need Thorn content in my life. I need to see Thorn being a mom, not just to Sunny, but to the whole DOD because they're a package deal and because Thorn heard about their parents and decided to adopt them and I need to see Thorn and Coral having a strange conversation about how Coral would like her to stop mothering her daughter and how Thorn thinks that if she didn't want her to adopt Tsunami then she shouldn't have shoved Sunny in a cave that fills with water when it storms or have locked the DOD in jail <3

I JUST WANT MORE THORN OK.

ANYONE GOT ANY OTHER IDEAS, PLEASE SHARE THEM, I'D LOVE TO HEAR.