Book 14 Theories

I've been thinking about book 14 a lot, so I figured, why not try to speculate what's gonna happen?

All I know (And I think all there is to know so far) is that the book is from Queen Snowfall's POV, it's called The Dangerous Gift, and will be released on September 15th as of this moment. There's an excerpt on the wiki page, but that's about it.

So based on that and how book 13 ended, I'm gonna make some guesses.

For starters, I don't think there will be much action in this book. This is the one where Pyrrhia and Pantala officially collide. The Leafwings are gonna show up in Icewing territory, and shit's gonna hit the fan. 

So we have Sundew, Willow, Cricket and the Leaf/Poisonwings coming to Pyrrhia with Turtle and Tsunami, right? (I was a little confused at the end of 13 on who was still in Pantala and who was heading to Pyrrhia)

Well if that's the case, I think the following might happen:

-Icewing redemption.

We saw a lot of the negative side of the Icewings because of Winter and Arctic and Darkstalker, but Snowfall seems like a pretty cool (no pun intended) dragon based on the excerpt, so maybe we'll get the other, nicer side of the Icewings, if it exists. I think she'll be an interesting protagonist for this.

-More about Glacier.

Glacier was a minor character, but an interesting one, and also, of course, there's Blacier and we know Blaze is still around. Snowfall is a young queen, so it wouldn't surprise me if we hear more about Glacier as Snowfall navigates being Queen and maybe compares herself to Glacier as a dragon and as a queen. 

-More on characters from Arcs 1 and 2

One can only assume that finally, FINALLY, we will get to hear more about our favorite Pyrrhia dragons again since we're back on their continent. Tsunami and Turtle are traveling with the Pantala dragons and Moon and Qibli were hanging out with Luna and Jerboa, so obviously we'll get some more of those four. But since the book is told from Snowfall's POV and only Icewings can enter Icewing territory, I think it's safe to suspect that Winter will be coming back into play. That should be fun. And since an entire tribe is showing up, one would think the other queens would be notified, so hopefully we'll get more from Glory, Thorn, Ruby, and possibly Coral and Moorhen. And if Turtle and Glory are involved, you know Kinkajou will be too (I'm putting my money on it now- Kinkajou and Cricket= best friends), and if Tsunami is there, then the rest of the DOD will be too. And HOPEFULLY, PLEASE TUI I'M BEGGING YOU, Riptide will pop up, just to check on his girlfriend.

-Major freak outs from everyone involved.

*loud screaming* WHAT TRIBE ARE YOU??!? ME?? WHAT TRIBE ARE YOU?!!? YOU CAN TALK TO PLANTS? PLANTS HAVE FEELINGS??? *cue Sunny crying over every berry she's ever eaten* *cue Rainwings and Nightwings rethinking their existence in the rainforest* *cue 15 thousand questions from Starflight and Cricket* WHY ARE YOU INVADING ICEWING TERRITORY? WE'RE NOT INVADING, WE'RE RUNNING FROM AN EVIL PLANT. ....THAT MAKES NO SENSE!!! WHY DO YOU LOOK LIKE CLEARSIGHT?!?! HOW DO YOU KNOW WHO CLEARSIGHT IS? IS SHE ALIVE? NO BUT WHY DO YOU LOOK LIKE HER?? SHE'S BEEN DEAD FOR THOUSANDS OF YEARS, WHY WOULD YOU ASK IF SHE'S ALIVE!?!? CAUSE WE JUST DEALT WITH HER BOYFRIEND A COUPLE WEEKS AGO! WHAT BOYFRIEND??? IS IT SUNSTREAK? WHO THE HELL IS SUNSTREAK!??!? SCREW ALL OF YOU, WHERE THE HELL IS SWORDTAIL?!!?!??!!??!

I'm- I'm really looking forward to the crossover part.

-Luna X Swordtail A N G S T.

Because why not make me suffer even more. A third of Pantala is showing up on Luna's doorstep, and SWORDTAIL ISN'T AMONG THEM. *loud screeching* That part is going to kill me, because you know the first thing Luna is going to ask, even though she doesn't know most of these dragons, is where Blue and Swordtail are, and somebody's gonna have to explain to her that they're most likely under mind control and still in Pantala and possibly dead. I JUST WANT SWORDTAIL AND LUNA TO BE REUNITED, IS THAT SO MUCH TO ASK???

-Luna and Cricket bonding.

Oh you know that once the angst is over, Luna is gonna have some fun with Blue's girlfriend. Cue the older sister evil laughter.

-Only the epilogue and possibly prologue will tell us what's going on in Pantala.

It doesn't seem unlikely to me that this is the book where the events in Pantala are going to go dark. We have to deal with the clashing of worlds right now, and that's big. That's a book in itself. Pantala and Pyrrhia have to meet, learn about each other's existence, rewrite thousands of scrolls, and figure out how the hell to destroy a mind controlling plant. I would say 'let's just use animus magic' BUT *glares at Qibli*. So I think it's safe to say that this book is going to focus solely on the continents meeting and figuring things out plot wise, and maybe it ends with a bunch of dragons heading to Pantala, ready to kick ass. We'll see.

-Animus magic.

I vaguely remember Tui saying something about how animus magic wasn't going to be a big part of this arc? Or at least her saying that we wouldn't be learning the origin of animus magic in it. Something like that. But things can change, and book 14 is LITERALLY CALLED "The Dangerous Gift". I can't think of another 'dangerous gift' then animus magic, which, of course, has been dead in Icewings for centuries.

....OR HAS IT? *dun dun dun*

Just watch. I'm guessing it now. Snowfall is secretly an animus and just doesn't know it yet. Either she is, or some other Icewing is. IT IS POSSIBLE, it just hasn't happened yet. I worked out the genetics of it in another part in this book. Basically animus magic is just a recessive gene, so it's possible Snowfall could be one. We don't know. We know next to nothing about her. I just think that would explain the title and then how they might destroy the Othermind. Plus, we know Snowfall asked Jerboa to extend the Great Ice Cliff, so maybe Snowfall figures out her own powers through Jerboa. Either that or Snowfall just goes insane with the idea of animus magic, and wants to use Jerboa for it. We'll see.

According to my Fiction Writing teacher, stories tend to focus on their character or plot, and up until this point, I think Tui has done a good balance of both, but she's leaned more towards plot. Book 14, however, I think will focus more on character, and on the world building of Pyrrhia and Pantala in general. 

All I know is the crossover is finally happening, AND I CANNOT WAIT.