CT chapter: 30

Current Timeline: Taehyung's POV

"I stole one of the artifacts."

"WHAT THE FUCK?!"

I exclaimed, shocked that he could get away with something like this.

"YES, AND IT'S THE MOST INTERESTING PIECE OF SHIT YOU'LL EVER COME ACROSS IN YOUR WHOLE FUCKING SAD LIFE!"

"Wait... how did you steal it though?"

"Simple. We were supposed to research on this deserted settlement. It hasn't really been functional for excavations due to some government related issues and blah blah blah, but we got permission to research there and I found a whole lot of interesting shit."

"So you stole it?"

"Yeah pretty much. I found it while digging. No one really knows this exists so I don't think it should be too much of a problem."

"Yeah, but you still need to declare it."

"Oh look at Mr Goody Two Shoes. Nothing's going to happen if we just keep it for a few days." 

"And this is why you're the most sketchy guy I've ever met."

"Do you want to have a look at it or not?"

"Yeah... I mean why not?"

To be honest, I was really excited.

Baekhyun reached into his backpack and pulled out what looked like a book.

I felt my stomach flip over with unease and my heart began to pound faster at the sight of the book.

Maybe, I'm just shit nervous.

But, it was a different feeling all together. 

A feeling I had never felt before. 

He placed it in my trembling hands as he plopped down onto the bed and groaned in exhaustion. 

"I think you need to read it yourself to understand what I mean when I say that it's some interesting shit."

I sat down on the desk, all excitement disappearing from my face, the worn cover of the book already intriguing me.

I opened the dusty brown book whose spine was almost falling apart from the yellow pages and tried hard to read the old faded script of Hangul.  

***

I fail to understand. 

Everyone seems to be knowing something that I alone am oblivious to. 

It's an open secret that I feel would help me decipher his behavior. 

His anger was revealed to me for the first time today, when he seemed to misunderstand my concern for him.

I agree that I shouldn't have pressurized him to answer me right away but his adamant reluctance to do so surprised me.

I believe something must have happened otherwise he would have informed me so.

I just pray to heavans that Jungkook is alright.

***

I froze. 

Jungkook?

***

A/N: Remember something?