Meeting new friends

*Soleil*
"Are you ready to get going Soleil ?" Siri say, grabbing a sweater.

We walk into the forest towards the north, ad a small downtrodden path that lead us deep in between the dense pine trees. The smell is different in the forest. Beside the scent of the damp earth and rodding plants I am used to it smell of tree sap.

We haven't walked for long when we reach a small stream running down towards the lake by the cabin.

"If you should ever get lost in the forest, find this stream and follow the flow. It Will lead you back to the cabin". Siri say.

"The forest stream". I say with a nod, stepping up on the old tree trunk that is laying over the stream as a bridge.

We keep walking, getting farther into the forest until we reach a clearing. I stop in my track when I realise where we are. Inside the clearing is a stone circle and in the middle of that is a small Hill.

This is the circle from my dreams.

"This looks familiar doesn't it ?" Siri looks mildly amused. "Then you also know that you have nothing to fear as long as you are inside the circle. Come sit with me at the heart of our seiðr", Siri entered the circle, sitting down on the hill.

Eerily well known !

I stand there, looking at the stones. I swallow. The stones are identical to the ones I have seen in my dreams. Not just somewhat, same colour or same size. No every little detail is the same on every single stone. At the two spots were the two monsters emerges the trees are the same. Slowly I enter the circle, sitting down next to Siri. I can't believe this place is real.

"We goes to this place, the heart of our seiðr, when we need to strengthen our seiðr. All of Ballimore is out center of power, it harbour the spirits of our kin, but in this circle is the essence of our energy strongest. We need extra seiðr, for you to meet our brothers and sisters. I think you need to meet them today. Maybe they Can convince you this is all real". Siri say softly. "Just remember Your dreams Soleil. Remember you are safe in here and that you know the ones we are here to meet. You have nothing to fear".

I look at the surroundings, fashionated. Maybe I should be scared, I feel safe for the first time since I arrived here.

"When we call them we are crowing galdr. That is the horrible singing you heard in Your garden. It doesn't have to sound beautiful; it isn't necessary to have a fantastic voice, it just have to come from the heart". Siri explains. "I Will start, and you can just join me when you feel ready.

A single high note comes from Siri's throat and I almost cover my ears. Siri is right. It definitely doesn't sound pretty. Shyly I check if anyone is listening, if someone Will laugh at me if I Sound just as bad. But as we are deeply inside a forest high up in Scotland here isn't anyone but us. I try with a single sound and Siri nod encouraging, making me sing higher and higher until I am almost as loud as Siri. I blush, feeling kind of stupid, but it helps a bit when Siri closes her eyes, it makes it easier to focus. And in the end I give in, forgetting to be shy.

For a while we just sit like that, letting the sounds that feels right come out. Some are high, some more quiet. Suddenly I feel light, elated and free on my inhibitions. It is almost the same feeling as I had gotten doing the kids songs with Mark's coven.

Siri grows quiet and so do I.

"See that was easy enough right ?" Siri sends me a warm smile. "How was it then ?"

I blush, when I realise how horrible I had probably sounded.

"Don't be embarrassed sweetie". Siri laughed. "In the olden days it was quite normal to use galdr. A lot of people still do, without even realising".