Her big evening

*Davina*
It is like living a fantasy when the chauffeur picks me up saturday evening. While the limo drives towards the city, I pour myself a glass of champagne and allow myself to dream of a spot in Tom's world.

"When I am a rich and famous designer I so need one of these". I mumble, letting my fingers run over the soft leather seat.

The line of cars for the gallery opening started several blocks from the gallery, so we are rolling along slowly behind the others. I sit watching out the window as we get closer. Tom had not been lying. This is so far above anything I have ever tried. Exactly like in movies a red carpet appears, each side of it lined with shining piles holding a red velvet robe. Everywhere there was fans, press and photographers, apparently some really big stars was attending.

I am about to panic and ask the chauffeur to drive away, when Tom steps up to the car.

Fuck, no way out !

The other men walking down the red carpet had taken the safe choices with classical navy and black suit or tuxedos from Baroni, Hugo Boss and Canali. But not Tom, he is in a slim fit petrol coloured Tigers of sweden suit, that makes him stand out and it looks disgustingly good on his slim frame. I forget everything about wanting to leave and a second later Tom opens the door to my, holding out his hand.

"Well hello beautiful, want to join me at the royal ball ?" He says happily and sends me a flashing smile.

Breathless I grab his hand and when I exit into a sea of blinking lights the World snaps back to normal.

"It's okay darling. I got you". He say with a small laugh, as he leads me down the read carpet. "Just smile and try not to look a little less like you are on Your way to Your own execution".

"Easy for you to say. Is it too late to say no to this ?"

"Yep. I am afraid we are past the point of no return". He looks up with his most charming smile, waving at a photographer who had called out his name. "Just keep it up till we get inside. It's not as bad inside. Almost like the restaurant, except the food is horrible and on sticks and there is nowhere to sit down".

I gasp in mock horror. "Are you crazy, I can't eat anything in this dress".

We stand for a moment in the doorway, waiting for the people in front of us to be greeted. My eyes huge with wonder as I take in all the amazing clothes parading by. I am so busy looking at details, guessing which designer created what, that I forget being scared.

"You are amazingly good at just standing here, looking absolutely stunning". Tom whispers in my ear.

"Shh !" I schuss him giggling. "Oh see that dress, it's a haute couture from Alexander McQueen".

"I have no idea what that means, but this is Perrier Jouët. I know him". He say sounding very serious.

"Who ? Where ?" I look around feeling confused.

"Champagne, right here". He laughs, grabbing us each a glass.

We mingle for a while. I honestly don't really know who people are and they don't seem to care much when introduced to me.

"You are not about to be bored to death, are you ?" Tom ask.

"Don't worry, I am way too busy fantasising about all those amazing dresses to be bored". I whisper through my teeth, smiling brightly.

He gives a short laugh. "I don't know if I should be jealous that you are not fantasising about me, when I am wearing this killer suit. Or if I should just be happy that you are not pouting in a corner".