When The Curtain Falls

The ship reminded him so much of Titanic that Gerard could feel the tears welling up in his eyes just by looking at the gold-frosted doors, the ornamental carpets and the old, carved wooden furniture (yes, he would admit that flaming, and hidden, homosexuality came with quite a few girly emotions to cope with, and he just couldn't even fucking stand thinking about that Kate and Jack never grew old together. Fucking empathy, damnit). He mentally thanked Brian for deciding that they needed a break from all the air planes and stressed airports for a while. And since they had two days for them to go from the show in New York to the one in Ireland, he had booked them on a ship to do the trip instead. It would be so great to avoid the jet lag and spend some relaxing days on this dream of a boat to gather some much needed strength for the tour in Britain. They had toured non stop for almost a month now, and playing shows almost every night. Yes, relaxing was much needed.

Oh, if he'd just known that relaxing would be the last thing he'd be thinking about on this trip.

He wondered how Brian had managed to find this ship, though. Never had he heard about a reconstructed Titanic that followed the exact same route as the original. He had heard talk about such an idea on the television before, but had expected that if they went though with it, there would at least be some news. But heck, he never had the time to watch the news anyways, so they'd probably just missed it. It didn't really matter anyway, as they were all --the band along with Mikey's wife, the genius manager that couldn't stop grinning and their awfully huge security guard-- walking down the carpeted hallways looking for their suites.

"There weren't many left, so you have to share in pairs. Mikey and Alicia got one together of course. You have to fight about these two, guys," Brain said as he tossed two pairs of keys to the four remaining band members. "The crew goes in here," he joked, meaning himself and Worm. Bob and Frank were the ones to grab each their flying key, so when they unlocked the doors, Gerard followed quickly in after Frank (just because that was the one suite closest to where he was standing at the point, seriously. Nothing to do with Frank's delicious and oblivious ass at all).

"We'll just leave our bags and go for dinner, aight? I'm dying if I don't get any food right this minute," said Worm.

"You are always dying to get some food, Worm," Ray giggled so that his bulky hair bounced around his head.

"This time it's serious shit, I mean it," he got as a response.

"You guys can go eat. It's in the fourteenth floor, okay? I'm heading for some much needed sleep," Brian yawned before walking into the 'crews' suit' with a wave of his hand.

"Fourteenth floor, huh? Shouldn't be too hard to find," Mikey shrugged as they went in the direction where they had seen the old (and deadly, if you chose to listen to a poor, claustrophobic drummer) elevators.

They looked around in awe as they passed lounge after lounge on their way through the antique hallways. There was something really odd about this place, they had to admit. Maybe it was the fact that they'd seen it all before, in a masterpiece of a movie that you had to have a heart of stone not to get moved by watching. It really, really looked like the original. It had this old, undisturbed and sad aura too it, almost like it really had been existing for centuries without anyone inhabiting it, except from the thousands of poor souls that had died on its virgin trip. It could make anyone shudder. And where was the crew? Except from the antique little man that had welcomed them on board, presenting himself as the captain and wishing them a good trip with a little, toothless grin, they hadn't seen a single soul not being a passenger. Odd, yeah, that's what it was.

Four hours, three dishes and a few bottles of expensive, red wine from the buffet later they all sat around a huge table in carved, old mahogany, too tired and well-fed to utter a word. The enormous dinner hall was packed with other passengers, and Gerard couldn't stop grinning at how similar it was to the one in the original ship. He began to wonder if he had seen the beloved movie way too many times just when the old-fashioned speakers started to sparkle. All the humming of content and happy conversation in the room died out, everyone anticipating hearing what the captain, or whoever it was, had to say. The raspy, slightly evil voice that creaked out and cut though the air like a knife didn't sound much like the nice captain who had welcomed them on to the ship earlier, though. It made a wave of shudder and goose bumps flair though the mass of people who suddenly shared surprised and concerned glances.