Spin The Bottle

Of course it had been a joke.

Really.

But everyone on the bus had been bored-everyone being Gerard, Frank, Ray, Bob, Mikey, Brian, and the driver of the bus who was consequentially a girl. They had parked outside of a gas station to give her-Sam-a break. 

"I'm bored," Mikey moaned, putting his bass guitar down and standing up only to run his fingers through his thick hair. "Let's do something." Leaving his hair even further ruffled than before, he put his hand on his hip and thrust it out. Ray, who was closest, eyed him strangely and went back to the book he had been reading.

Bob looked up from his video game and smirked. "Like what?" he asked as the sound of pen across paper filled the room, coming from Gerard, who was lost in a world of lyrics. Frank lay on the ground of the bus, arms folded beneath his head, eyes closed. Brian was rooting through the refrigerator for a soda, and Sam was in the bathroom of the gas station.

Cracking open his eye lazily, Frank pushed himself up and shook his head slightly, now rather long hair flying away from his face. "Well, what do you have in mind, Way?"

Lips pursed, Mikey considered. What could they do? He watched as Brian pulled a Coke out of the fridge, one of the cutesy glass bottles that cost more but were for some reason supposed to taste better than the ones in the can. Eyes traveling to the window, he saw Sam walking up to the bus, purse swinging as she opened the door. She walked in, just in time to hear Mikey's proposition.

"Let's play spin the bottle," he blurted out. Frank's mouth dropped open as he let out a bark of laughter. Ray dropped the book he was reading, Bob's fingers freezing on the controls of his game and ultimately causing him to loose. Brian froze, half way to a seat, and looked down at his Coke bottle and hit himself in the head. He knew automatically that if he had grabbed one of the cans of Ginger Ale, as he had been contemplating, he would not be stuck in this very uncomfortable situation.

Gerard, however, seemed to not even notice what was going on; he still scratched across the pad, until Brian noticed he had ear buds planted into his ears, contrasting vividly with his onyx hair. Brian envied him at that moment; he was not aware of the situation.

Sam snickered, placing her purse on the counter and crossing her arms over her chest. "So, basically the odds that you boys are going to have to kiss each other are six to seven. Nice," she laughed, drawing out the nice so it was really four or five syllables. Mikey smiled, deciding that they were going to play spin the bottle now. He let out a short snicker, pointing to all of the boys.

"You are so not backing out of this," he laughed. Ray shook his head, picking up his book and shoving his nose into it again. Frank stood up, grinning, and slapped Mikey on the back.

"Clever," he chuckled. "Well, if two others play, I'll play as well."

"I'll play," Sam volunteered, raising a hand, moving towards Frank and Mikey. "This will be interesting."

Rolling his eyes, Bob stood up and joined the crowd. "Might as well, seeing as I just lost my game and I forgot to save," he sighed. Mikey was grinning, unable to control his laughter; four people were playing. He hadn't expected one other person beside himself to agree to it.

Grumbling slightly, as if he couldn't believe it, Brian downed the last of his Coke and stood up. "I'll play as well," he mumbled, handing the bottle to Mikey. Before Brian joined the group, he leaned towards Gerard and pulled the ear bud out. "Might wanna join the drama." Gerard looked up curiously, pulling a black Video iPod from his pocket and shutting it off.

His voice was full of weary worry as he asked, "what drama...?"

Ray took his nose out of the book. "They're going to play spin the bottle," he said calmly.