Chapter 6

(Emily pov)

I finally had the courage to look up at Cam. He had tears brimming his eyes threatening to fall. His eyes went back and forth from my face to my arm. Shit. He rolled up my sleeve and saw all the new and old scars.

"Emily why do you do this to yourself?" He said letting a tear escape from his eyes.

"I wish I could tell you." I mumbled underneath my breath.

"Tell me what?" He asked concerned

"I can't." I whispered

"Emily please stop doing this. If you don't tell me I can't help you."

"Maybe I don't want your help!" I snapped

What was I saying. I want his help more than ever. But I'm afraid. Afraid of letting people in. I'm afraid I'll just let him down. I'm afraid that he's going to think of me different. I'm afraid he'll leave.

"Cam-" I was cut off

"No it's fine." He said standing up and walking out the bathroom.

He left me.

(Cameron pov)

"Maybe I don't want your help!" She snapped at me.

All I wanted to do was help her. I don't want to see her hurt like this. She wont let me in to help her.

She doesn't want me.

"Cam-" I cut her off

"No it's fine" I say and stand up.

She doesn't want my help. I cant help her if she doesn't want to be helped. I cant stand seeing her like this.

She's my baby sister. I'm suppose to protect her. Stand by her side when she needs me the most. But all she's doing is pushing me away.

I sat on my bed and looked up the ceiling.

What wasn't she telling me?

She tells me everything and now she's keeping secrets.

Emily came out the bathroom and she had tears falling from her eyes. She looked at me with her beautiful brown eyes. They weren't super dark but they weren't light.

She never thought she was pretty but I did. A lot of people did, she never believed any of it though. Family always tells you that your beautiful that's why she thinks I'm lying to her but its the honest truth.

"Cam I'm sorry. I never meant for any of that to come out. I never meant for this to happen." She said looking down at the ground after she said that.

"Can you please tell me why your so sad all the time?" I said getting up and pulling her into an embrace.

"Cameron, I really really really want to tell you but i'm afraid of what might happen."

"What could possibly be that bad?"

She sighed. "If I tell you, you have to promise to stay as calm as possible." She said and I agreed.

(Emily pov)

I sighed before telling Cameron.

"I don't know how to really put this." I sigh before continuing. "I've been bullied for a while. I haven't been happy in the longest time. I've been depressed. The people who bullied me turned the whole school against me. I have no friends, none at all. I've been lying to you for the longest. Whenever I say I'm going to 'Jenna's' I'm really just wondering the streets crying, thinking about what I did wrong with my life. Wondering if anyone actually cared. I've been told so many times that nobody cares and that I should die because nobody would care. I was called useless, fat and ugly. I've been called every name in the book, anything that could hurt someone. To top that the verbal bulling turned into physical and verbal bulling. After a while I started to believe those things. I started to think I was useless, I started to think maybe if I did die nobody would miss me and nobody would care. The happy me was just one big lie. My 'smile' is fake, I am not 'fine' my life outside of school as far as you know has been one big lie. The point is I've been depressed for the longest and I was never happy. The happy girl you saw everyday was just a lie. She hid her pain behind her smile so nobody would ever know what she was going through." I said crying. I look up at Cameron and he's crying too. "That's not it. The other day I was beat up pretty badly, that's why I had all those bruises on me. I also have one on my face. I covered it up with makeup so you wouldn't notice." I said looking at the ground tears falling from my eyes.

I couldn't bare to look at Cameron. I would only break down. I should've told him all this before but I was to afraid. Now I'm just ashamed. I looked up and Cameron was full of emotions. He was crying but he was angry. It was hard to choose just one emotion.

"Who?" Cam asked. His jaw clenched.

"I cant tell you." I mumbled looking back down.

"WHO IS IT!" He yelled at me.

Like yelling at me would make this situation any better.