Chapter 9

(Emily pov)

We got to the venue and there were already fans waiting outside. We walked through the door leading backstage. The guys got ready for the event. Shawn, Jacob and the Jacks were going to sing.

I can't wait to hear Shawn sing in person, his voice is so amazing.

"You really think so." I heard Shawn say. I turned around and saw him smiling at me.

"Did I say that out loud?" I asked nervously

"I see I have a fan." He said and I nodded. I'm pretty sure I'm smiling like an idiot. He pulled me in for a hug.

The guys were just fooling around now.

"Were going to start letting the fans in." Bart says and everyone goes backstage.

Mahogany goes onstage after the fans gather in the venue. She starts to introduce the guys.

"Matthew Espinosa"

"Carter Reynolds"

"Jacob Whitesides"

"Cameron Dallas"

"Hayes Grier"

"Shawn Mendes"

"Taylor Caniff"

"Jack and Jack"

"Nash Grier"

"and Aaron Carpenter"

They all ran onstage as their names were called. Me, Azucena and Aileen stayed backstage. We started talking about boys until we were interrupted.

"Emily come with us." Nash said pulling my arm. Jack was behind us. I pulled my arm away and we walked onstage.

"Why are we here?" I asked Jack

"We told you we were going to prove how sorry we are."

"No you don't have to I forgive you." I say and they both smile. "It's seriously fine. Please don't do this." I beg

"Too late." Nash says

"Okay so for the past two years we were bullying Cameron's little sister Emily. It was never our plan to bully her in the first place." Jack says into the mic.

"We put her through so much pain for no reason at all. We're really sorry Emily. I hope you can forgive us." Nash says

"I forgive you." I say and Nash picks me up. "You can put me down now." He puts me down and thanks me. Jack and Nash pulls me in for a tight embrace.

I pull away and they smile. The fans were clapping and I started walking backstage. When someone grabbed my waist. I turned around and it was Shawn.

"Do you want to go out tonight?" He asks

"Yeah sure. What time?" I ask

"Um... is 8 okay?" He asks nervously

"It's perfect."

"Okay see you then." He says

"Bye" I say and walk off stage.

I know I seem cool on the outside but on the inside I'm freaking out.

Shawn Mendes just asked me on a date. I can't believe it.

I sat down backstage where Azucena and Aileen were sitting. I'm pretty sure I had a huge smile on my face.

"Why are you so happy?" Azucena asked

"Shawn just asked me out."

"That's amazing." Aileen says.

The guys were doing their thing when Shawn, Matt and Nash came backstage. Before we could say anything they pulled us onstage. They didn't want anything, they just wanted us to be onstage with them.

We did a Q&A. I sat next to Shawn. He sat me on his lap and he wrapped his strong arms around me. He rested his chin on my shoulder.

Nash picked a girl in the front. She had ombre hair and hazel eyes. She was wearing black shorts, a Shawn Mendes crop top and black vans.

"I actually have a question for Shawn and Emily. Are you two dating?" She asks

I actually don't know how to answer that. We're not dating but were not only friends. I guess you can say were friends with benefits.

"Not exactly." Shawn says smiling at me. I smile back and he kisses my forehead.

"Wait. When did this happen?" Matt asked

"Yesterday." I said and the guys all smiled. I looked back out at the fans and they honestly looked as if they were ready to murder me. They put on fake smiles and enjoyed the rest of the event. They hate me and I can tell.