Chapter Eight. .

MARSHAY HAYES

          6am to 2pm

          6am to 2pm. . Eight hours of dealing with rude customers, and most of all, standing on my feet. I know it may not be nothing for the people that may do it for longer hours, which I appalled. But me, eight hours long enough. Gratefully, it's going to be my last day working full time hours since school starts back and I'm switching back to part time. Also, thankful for Momma letting me us her car to drive to work since she got a ride to work from somebody else. It's something she don't usually do. But I asked no questions. Better than the bus.

As soon as I walked into the house, Israel stood in front of the mirror, brushing his waves. Dressed in a white Levi T-shirt, dark jeans sagging a bit, and Nike sneakers, he glanced at me before saying, "I need you to watch, Deuce."

Deuce, being my three year old nephew, Israel Junior.

My eyebrows furrowed, "excuse me? I literally just got off work. I'm not watching nobody."

"Come the fuck on, Piggy. We gotta get to this damn doctor's appointment."

"I thought it was this morning?"

"Naw, she rescheduled so you could watch Deuce."

"Wow, so that's the only reason Momma let me use her car?" He nodded; I scoffed, "I'm not watching nobody. I'm tired. Take him with you."

"Naw, man, he do to much at the fuckin' hospital. Just do it."

"I ain't gotta do shit. Fuck you talm bout?"

"Yeah, aight. Adour, let's go!"

Down the hallway walked his seven months pregnant girlfriend, Adour; dressed in a bodysuit fitting around her round belly, light denim jeans, and a pair of white fuzzy slides. Her silky, long black hair straightened and in a middle part. Natural looking makeup.

"Looks like y'all going more to just an appointment." I commented; I knew Adour mainly wore joggers or loose fitting bottoms she could be comfortable in. Never jeans unless they were doing something else.

Adour moved in with us about three years ago. She and Israel had their own apartment, but both fucked it off due to their loud arguments, Israel punching holes in halls ... Just acting a plum fool. Since this house is owned by my deceased grandmother, he just feels he can come and go as he pleases, bringing their drama here. And Momma let's him.

Israel and Adour met each other at the strip club Momma wants at, Night Trips, on his eighteenth birthday. Only way he got in is because Momma's close with the owner. Adour, being three years older, was a stripper that gave him a private dance. That private dance turned into the two having sex that night, Deuce being born, and their unnecessary drama.

"No we ain't," Israel answered quickly, "Let's go."

"Thanks for watching him, Shay. I just put him down so you should be good until we get back." Adour smiled, following behind Israel out the door.