V2 - Chapter Six.

               A ice pack is wrapped around my right shoulder with plastic wrap; I'm shirtless with black Champion sweatpants as I walked out of my bedroom in my Champion slides towards the door that's being knocked on

               A ice pack is wrapped around my right shoulder with plastic wrap; I'm shirtless with black Champion sweatpants as I walked out of my bedroom in my Champion slides towards the door that's being knocked on. I know exactly who it is, so I opened the door and my baby walked in. She smiled before her eyes laid on my shoulder in worry.

"Oh my gosh, what happened?" She touched my shoulder.

"Nuthin, baby, just practice earlier." I kissed her lips as she walked in and I closed the door behind her.

"What they do, jump you?"

I laughed a little. "Chula, chilll. You know how ball practice is. My muscle tightened that's all. Why you comin' a hour late anyway?"

"Dropped Asia off to my moms."

"Oh y'all found her?" I asked, footing towards my bedroom as she followed me.

"Yeah, she live in Lyrewood still. Only three, four blocks down which was pointless, but whatever." She shrugged plopping down on my full size mattress with black and gray comforter. "Where yo roomies?"

I removed the ice pack from around my shoulder and pulled the white tee down over my head. "In they skin," I respond, pulling my chains over my shirt. "Why you worried bout 'em?"

"It's just a question. Jeez." She stood, putting her small backpack on her shoulders. "Where we going?"

"We can just go get some grub and come back. My shoulder killin' right now."

"I'm okay wit that. Chipotle?"

I nodded and we left my on-campus apartment I share with two other roommates and to the parking lot. Before I got into my Mustang I made sure nothing was on the bottom of my slides then got in. My car is spotless clean and smells like black ice air freshener. I noticed the car mat under Aalea's shoes had light dust on it from her booties. I let it go, pulling out of the nearest Chipotle.

When I get there the parking lot is semi-full. I pulled between a truck and car when I killed the engine. We both stepped out of the car and headed towards the building, hand in hand. I held the door open for her immediately greeted by the overlapping chatter and laughter. We walked in line behind two couples, a Latin mother and her two children, and a male college student wearing a UCO sweatshirt.