V2 - Chapter Twenty Six.

𝐒𝐇𝐀𝐑𝐈𝐅 𝐂𝐎𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐋𝐋𝐎

               "Why you sittin' in here lookin' like som' body pissed in yo cereal?"

While loud conversations and laughter happened in the next room I slouched in the suede, chocolate recliner as the cocaine white Air Force Ones assisted with a gentle rocking motion. Partially eaten small pack of Oreos rested on top of my lap covered with black, jersey cargo joggers and a neon color-block hoodie engulfed my upper body.

On the chilly and cloudy thanksgiving holiday, Aunt Malai and her husband Tory Peterson decided to host at their house. Family from both sides flew in, and with Roberto and Tory being childhood best friends, my Spanish side joined as they do on holidays.

One big happy-ass family!

My eyes averted at DeAndre as he stepped in the dimmed din chomping down a barbecue rib.

"Cause I ain't tryna be here."

"Rather be gettin' som' pussy?" He questioned plopping down on the loveseat adjacent to the recliner, "I know, family, me too."

"You gon' fuckin catch something wit all them pussies diving into."

"Stay strapped; don't play wit me."

"Don't matter,"

"Fuck you. Anyway, Marshay back in town."

"The fuck do you got on her, a tracker?" I asked as a chuckle released from my mouth.

"Na'... I just got her on Facebook. She posted, I saw," he shrugged, "I slid in her inbox earlier."

"And said what?"

"Asked if she tryna do a sneaky link; no point in beating around the bush."

"And what she say?"

"What'chu think?" He snickered, bouncing his thick eyebrow.

My eyebrow arched in shock, "She agreed?"

"Hell na' she blocked me."

Unable to contain the laughter that erupted from my mouth I clutched my cramping stomach and leaned over as I stomped my Air Force on the floor.

"It ain't that funny bitch..."

"Whew — my nigga," I wiped my watery orbs as my laughter concluded. "Bruh, she blocked yo' ass!"

"So," he shrugged, "fuck her; fine ass."

"You salty. Give it up Dre; you could've had her before graduation but you wanna be talkin' down on her when everybody knew y'all was fuckin. Yessenia dense-ass too," I mentioned his high-school ex.

"Fuck both them." Just as he said that my phone rang.

Aalea requesting to video call me. Of course I accept and within seconds both of our faces took over the iPhone screen. My gaze admired her the sun beaming her almond brown skin.

"Hey, baby," She cheesed revealing nice white teeth.

"Aye; y'all make it to Arlington?"