V2 - Chapter Twenty Eight.

𝐋𝐀𝐑𝐄𝐍𝐙 𝐃𝐀𝐍𝐈𝐄𝐋𝐒

               Close-family surrounded my Grandmother's middle-class home built on five acres of land. My father constructed her dream home from the ground up with stone and brick construction. Her place was the only one that felt homey and she hosted every holiday or celebrations. All of my uncles that did not live in the city flew in with their families. Cousins and great aunts I rarely spoken to or seen were here as well. Conversations coming from every direction while I sat on the couch and mashed my thumb on the end button after getting off the phone with Asia.

Every since we had sex she been dodging my texts. I had patiently waited for her to respond after a week. I understood her wanting the space. She felt our sex was because of my grief or it being a rebound situation, but that was not the case. I kissed her because I wanted to and I made the first move because I wanted to. I grieve my mother on my own time and breaking up with Gianna was for her own good. She deserved better and right now, that's just not me.

Sex, I enjoyed it; spontaneous — risky.

I guaranteed to her that we would be strictly friends.

"LD!" My father called from downstairs.

I peered over the banister, sitting area nearby, he stood there in a Gucci sweatsuit and baseball cap.

"What?"

"Come here," he vocalized and gestured his hand.

I blew out a sharp breath as I stood from the couch and descending downstairs. I approached him and said, "yeah. . what's up, Pop?"

Without a response, he motioned for me to follow him and I did. Wherever we walked to he asked, "You spoke to yo sister today?"

"Which one? Val or Giovanni?"

"I know Val ain't here," he waved off dismissively. "I'm talkin' bout Giovanni."

"I texted her when I woke up. You?"

"Texted her too. I invited her; think she gone come?"

"Truthfully?" I asked and he nodded, "Na' I don't think she will. This all new to her; yo fault, but new. She might com' around next Thanksgiving. . . prolly."

"Yeah," he opened the front door and we walked outside.

"What the hell we doin?"

"Couso!"

My head turned to the two guys approaching us. My father's younger brother Dmitri or known as Banner and beside him is someone I thought was incarcerated.

"What up Cameron?" I uttered blandly, "thought you was locked up. ."

"Got out dis mornin; thanks Unc," he smacked my father five sliding into a hand fold.

"Yeah; figure you had long enough. The bitch out so why can't you?"

"Yeah, Banner told me y'all gotta understanding with her?"

"He gotta understanding wit the bitch," he pointed at Banner. "Not me. He the only reason the bitch not six feet under and ain't shit changin' cause you out."