Chapter Seven. .

AALEA JIMENEZ

          "Momma, we need to go!" I've been knocking on her door for the past five minutes

"Momma, we need to go!" I've been knocking on her door for the past five minutes. She have yet to answer.

"Why don't you just stop knocking, stupid?" Asia peaked out her bedroom, "She's clearly not caring about thing you have to say. People tryna sleep."

I ignored Asia and continued knocking on her door. Asia rolled her eyes and slammed her door once she was back inside her room. Abruptly, the bedroom door yanked open. It wasn't Momma. Instead it was a shirtless man in only his boxers. Tall, defined lean body. Chestnut skin complexion; tattooed all over his upper body. The specific tattoo that stood out the most is the one on the right side of his neck, LC, in bold graffiti letters. Tattoo standing for Lyrewood Crips.

I see she got herself involved with one of them.

"Yo Momma ain't teach you no manners, girl?" Voice deep, husky, "It's nine in the morning. We in here sleep."

Even though his talking, he was eying me; I grew uncomfortable instantly. I regretted wearing the pair of high waisted shorts and fitted halter top. I even attempted to pull my shirt down to cover my navel that was peaking out.

I gulped before asking, "Where's my Mom?"

"Sleep. You ain't hear what I said just five seconds ago?"

"Who are you talking to, Banner?" Momma questioned; voice groggily from just waking up.

"One of yo daughters. ." he eyed me, again.

"It's me, Momma."

I could hear her breath out in frustration as if we've been bothering her all day. Seconds later, she appeared beside the Banner guy, in just her floral print silk robe and dark hair all over her head, letting him know he could go back in. She stepped out, closing the door behind her. "What is it, Ariela?"

No matter how many times I express not wanting to be called that, she does it anyway. I rolled my eyes, "School supplies, we need to get them today. School starts tomorrow."

"And now you want me to take y'all?"

"Well, yess... You're the one with the money. That's why I told you to do it yesterday to get it over with."

"Gosh, Aalea, how much?"

"I don't know. Not just twenty dollars I know that. Walmart is having school supplies on sale, so. ."

"You really need a job, Aalea."

Here we go. I rolled my eyes as she walked into her room for a brief second and grabbing her wallet. She was back out and I say, "Cómo? You leave me here with them everyday. Asia won't stay in long enough to watch them while I'm at work if I even had a job. How about you learn how to stay in longer enough for me two work somewhere."