V2 - Chapter Three.

I was sleeping peacefully and comfortably when I overhead my phone ringing, completely interrupting my slumber

               I was sleeping peacefully and comfortably when I overhead my phone ringing, completely interrupting my slumber. I slowly raise my upper body from the twin size mattress in the bedroom of my shared college apartment. The brightness from my MacBook that's playing Criminal Minds causes me to squint my eyes. My phone continued to ring with the flash blinking. Grabbing my iPhone, I see my mother calling at almost four in the morning. I sighed, placing the phone on my ear after answering.

"Yes, Mom?" I sleepily asked; music blasting on her end.

"Babygirl! Whatcha doing?" She screamed over the music and in my ear.

Sighing, I rubbed over my eyes. "I'm sleep right now, Mom. Call me back-"

"No, no, babygirl!" She slurred, letting me know she's drunk. "I need to be picked up. I'm on-- Where we at? Bitch, where we at stop dancing cause you have no rhythm!" She talked to someone in her background. "Oh yeah, we at the Tree Lounge on, uhh, 36th on the East. You know where I'm talking about?"

"Mom, I'm all the way in Edmond. Where's your car?"

"Babygirl, pleeeaaassseee?"

"Okay," I give in, rolling my eyes. "I'm on the way. Stay there and don't move."

"Yes ma'am," she snickered. "Girl my daughter-" she hangs up before I could hear anything else.

My body raises tiredly from the mattress, rubbing my eyes. I had on a oversized Martin graphic T-shirt and cheeky shorts with a bonnet covering my hair. I footed to the conjoined bathroom in my room and brushed my teeth before grabbing my set of keys and put on my Ugg fur slides before leaving the apartment without waking my roommate. I unlocked the doors to my 2007 Chevrolet Equinox Lt that I worked hard to get, and got into the black interior.

Again, Giovanni is always to the rescue when coming to my mother. She's always calling on me when she gets drunk and out all night. It's tiring, but she's my mother. So I deal with it even when I'm not obligated to.

It's not long before I pulled into the parking lot of the lounge nightclub. Drunken women and men are exiting the club stumbling from the alcohol that was consumed. I spotted my mother and another woman staggering out of the lounge. She had on a shiny mini dress with white lace-up heels. Her long thick coarse hair is in loose waves.

She laughed with her friend I've never seen her with before. They're approaching my vehicle when a drunk man grabbed my mother's arm and pulled her back to him, trying to spit game.

"Damn, baby, c'mere."

"Get yo fat ass hands off me." I overheard since my window is cracked.

"Who you talkin' to?" He slurred, yanking her back towards him.

"She talking to you motherfucker," her friend slurred, pointing her finger at him.

I noticed that he's becoming more aggressive as his friends were trying to tell him to leave my mother alone. Putting my vehicle in park, I pushed open the door and walked towards them.