V3 - Chapter Thirty Two.

𝐓𝐖𝐎 𝐘𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐒 𝐋𝐀𝐓𝐄𝐑

               Shawn Watson. A month after Carmen left, he got an unexpected visitor from an old friend or more so, old boss, while his children were attending school and daycare and he was drinking his depression away, Rico gave him an out. Two million dollars in an overseas bank account for himself, a million and a half each for his children to touch when they turned eighteen, and a Head Coach job offer at a high school in Oakland. With no strings attached. Shawn was getting his official out of Lyrewood.

Stubborn and bullheaded, it took Shawn awhile to accept, but in the end he took that deal especially after talking to his best friend Kylan, who talked some sense into him. Longer he stayed in Lyrewood, Profit would always have that sense of control on him due to bring in his city.

So he left. A fresh start in Oakland with all his children and mother.

His eldest, Ashanti, was now sixteen and attending the same college-preparatory High School her father worked, cheerleading. Winging her away from her friends back in Lyrewood was a task, but she knew it was for the best especially after what they went through.

The twins, Aurora and Nashawn, were living with Shawn permanently due to their mother relapsing once again. The parents of his baby mother strongly suggested for him to take sole custody, and he did.

As for Boogie, the first few months he realized Carmen was gone was the hardest. He'd cry nonstop most days and wouldn't stop for anyone. Barely for Shawn. To get him to bed, he slept with one of her sweatshirts that has her scent on it. As the time passed on, Boogie start realizing she was away and not around anymore. Still, at two years old, he slept with her sweatshirt and her picture next to his bed. Bond he built with his mother in that short period of time was an indescribable one.

Overtime, he and Shawn to look in front of them and continue their life as Carmen wanted.

Whose to say she's not watching their life progressing?

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

               Releasing an exhausted breath, Mercedes leaned back against the wall and shut her heavy eyelids as waited for the elevator. She her hair in a low bun and curly fringe at the front, dressing appropriately for the Baltimore weather. Mercedes left Lyrewood a month after revealing it to Rico, and didn't look back or have any desire to return. Only the past two times each year for her mother and grandmothers birthdays where she visits their grave with her niece and flew right back to Baltimore.