Chapter Twenty Nine.

CARMEN RICHARDSON

               "What else is on the agenda?" I inquired my assistant Stacy

               "What else is on the agenda?" I inquired my assistant Stacy. I was seated in my swivel chair behind my desk in a hot pink colored back open neckline bodysuit and black calf-length belted pencil skirt. My right leg crossed over the left one, size seven hot pink Elisabetta Franchi logo pumps on my feet. My hair, defined and wavy, side-parted and hanging passed my shoulders.

"A lot," she looked down at the iPad on her lap, "Most of them are after school, though. Stomp practice in the Commons, Girls Who Code meeting in the room A204, ROTC practice, FLC Officer meetings in room H200; those three are all over at four. After is the Freshmen and Sophomore basketball game, movie night canned food drive until seven and lastly, the musical opening night that starts at 7:30; lasting an hour."

Whew — "Okay," I nodded, "remind the teachers we need the list of all the students who will be attending the movie night before lunch."

"Got it," she nodded when someone knocked on my office door.

"Come in," I called out to the person standing on the other side.

The door opened and in walked boys basketball Assistant Coach, Shawn Watson. Tall with broad muscular shoulders, he held a golden skin tone, a goatee surrounding his full lips, and a high twist fade with curls. He clothed in a fleece full-zip hoodie; the sleeve rolled up showing his half-sleeve tattoo on his left arm and black sports pants with the schools' logo embroidered.

"Morning ladies," his deep and raspy voice and charming smile greeted.

"Good morning," Stacy stood from the chair, "I'll go send the emails to teachers." She leaves my office and shutting the door behind her.

"Good morning, Coach."

"Wanted to bring this down to you," he footed towards my desk, placing a sheet of paper on top out of it. "We got some of the basketball players down who gonna join in on the movie night tonight."

"I was just having Stacy to email teachers about that," I placed the paper to the side. "At least y'all handled it early."

"No doubt. How you feelin' the principal gig?" His inquiry followed by his sitting down in the chair, the aroma of his cologne trailed his action.

"It's — going," I chuckled, "More work than I expected. When I was in school I assumed principals just sat on their asses and walked the halls, but no, it's way more than that."

"You practically runnin' this place and handling the day to day. Bright side is, you getting it done and the students actually like you." He mentioned, causing me to chuckle lightly.

"Yeah, that's true. Come to think about it, I'm blessed because I didn't like any of my principals in school."

"You ain't alone," he chuckled, raising forward with his elbows on his knees, "With all this work going on, I was thinking you come out wit me and a few over staff tonight? We like to take a load off certain nights and just kick it. Think you'd be down to join?"