Chapter Nineteen.

| if you haven't, read and comment on Chapter Eighteen before continuin' ...|

AALEA JIMENEZ

               Saturday afternoon, the gloomy and sprinkling rain, I had on a striped panel crop hoodie and charcoal grey cotton leggings with white slip-on Vans and my hair in a bun, walking out of the orthodontist office along with Marisol

Saturday afternoon, the gloomy and sprinkling rain, I had on a striped panel crop hoodie and charcoal grey cotton leggings with white slip-on Vans and my hair in a bun, walking out of the orthodontist office along with Marisol. She was beside me in a black tracksuit and Ugg Pom Pom slippers. I chirped the doors unlock to my mother's car and Marisol sprinted to get inside since she doesn't want to get her hair wet. I chuckled, shaking my head because it's barely dropping rain.

I climbed in the tan interior and say, "you so extra. It's barely sprinkling."

"I just got my hair done," she replied, running her fingers through her deep wave Brazilian hair.

"It looks good on you," I mentioned, starting the ignition and turning on the windshield wipers to remove the rain droplets. "Especially since you've never wore bundles before."

"Yeah. . Wanted to try something new," she says as I pulled out of the driveway. "Does your mouth hurt?"

"Just sore," I responded since my orthodontist tightened my braces and switched the elastic bands. "I've been wearing them for two years, so the soreness I'm used to."

"When do you get them off?"

"Two months from what she told me."

"I know you're ready," she dropped silent, looking out of the window.

"How are you. . with your Dad and stuff?" I asked, because I noticed her mood has been shifting since her father practically pushed out of her life, again.

She shrugged, "it is what it is. I'm not gonna force a relationship with him nor my siblings anymore. If he like to live on this world being on deadbeat father, so be it. I don't care."

I nodded my head and left the conversation there since I know it's a sensitive topic. On the way home, I stopped by Chick-fil-a to get a vanilla ice cream to subside the soreness in my mouth. When we get to the residence, Asia isn't home, per usual. Jasmine was in the kitchen making her something to eat and my mother sat on the couch, snickering and giggling with her thug of a boyfriend Dmitri whom goes by Banner. He's apart of the infamous Lyrewood Crips. I must say, this is the longest she's ever held onto a man.

"Mom," I got their attention, they both looked at me. I handed her keys to her and asked, "are you gonna be here tonight? I go to work tonight."

I got on at Walmart supermarket last week, working overnight on weekends since most weekdays I have cheer practice.

She sighed softly, "what time?"

"Same time I've been working for the passed week." I smartly remarked. You have nothing to do. . All she wanted to do was ride around all night with her bum of a boyfriend.