Chapter Sixteen. .

MARSHAY HAYES

Dre:Meet me at our spot

Dre:
Meet me at our spot

I eyed my half-eaten lunch tray, and decided to stand from the table while grabbing the lunch tray. I tossed it into trashcan and start walking to leave cafeteria. Before I could step out, a security guard stopped me. "Where you off to?" asked Spencer— bald and medium brown skin tone.

"To talk to Principal Richardson." I lied quickly.

He nodded his head to the side for me to go ahead. I ain't waste another second, going the complete opposite way from the office and went to the auditorium. I walked in, looking around at the empty red seats. A light shined on the stage, and onto the seats at the bottom floor. I walked up the stairs to the top seats that were semi dark, and found DeAndre at the top row that didn't have much light, but I noticed him by the shine reflecting from his phone.

"Hey," I grabbed his attention from his phone. "Everything okay?"

He never responded. Instead, he stood from the chair and grabbed my hand. He's walking so fast I can barely keep up. A door he opened, cut on the light, and moved me inside. Once the door was shut, he smashed his lips into mine followed by his tongue shoving into my mouth. I reciprocated, hands holding onto both sides of his neck. His hands start rubbing underneath my shirt.

"Wait, wait," I stopped kissing him. "Are you okay?"

Instead of a vocal response, he nodded his head. He kissed on my neck, and unbuttoning my pants.

"You're clearly not okay, Dre." I say as I grab his face to look at me. "You've barely been talking all through school. You text me to meet you here to do what? Have sex? You think it's gonna take your mind off what's really going on?"

Dre sucked his teeth, and pushed my hands from his neck. "I ain't text you to be no fucking counselor. If I wanted to do that I would go talk to the one that's here. You in here to give me pussy, that's it."

I scoffed and buckled my jeans back. "I'm only trying to see if you're okay, DeAndre. You don't have to be a fucking dick about it. Dick."

"Ion need you to," His eyebrows scrunched. "And what's this I hear bout you goin to the cheer tryouts. I told you not to do it. You ain't got the body for that. You think folks wanna see you jumping around?"