Chapter Twenty.

MARSHAY HAYES

               Sunday early morning — 6:30, Sucking my teeth in annoyance, I slammed my phone down into the mattress once I looked at the time, listening to the loud cries of the new baby-boy, Carmelo Hayes, that was welcomed to the family one mon...

               Sunday early morning 6:30, Sucking my teeth in annoyance, I slammed my phone down into the mattress once I looked at the time, listening to the loud cries of the new baby-boy, Carmelo Hayes, that was welcomed to the family one month ago; Adour and Israel second child. The weeping of the baby continued down the hallway; I could hear clearly through my closed-door, wondering why the crying prolonged when the baby crib is right in there with his parents.

Coming to the realization that I'm the only one whose slumber was interrupted by the crying, I tossed the covers from over my chubby body that's clothed in a oversized Tupac T-shirt and lounging shorts and stood, bare-footing my way out of my room. Approaching my brother and his girlfriend's bedroom, the crying became louder and the door was wide opened; something they never done. I rounded into the room that's decorated with a queen-sized mattress, dresser covered with body products and the flatscreen, and the baby crib residing between the dresser and mattress.

One thing I noticed is my brother and Adour weren't in bed. What the hell? I footed across the carpet and to the baby crib; Carmelo laid in the with his face drenched in tears and his honey brown skin shades of red. I leaned over, picking him up from his crib and cradling his small onesie covered body in my arms, bouncing him slightly.

"It's okay, Bubba," I assured softly, sticking his green Soothie pacifier in his mouth. His weeping comes to an abrupt silence as his wet brown eyes looked into my two-colored orbs.

"I don't know where the hell your nothin' parents ran off to."

I touched his diaper that's filled with urine and changed him into a fresh one before making him a fresh bottle of Gerber formula. He ate, while I footed down the hallway and checking on Deuce, who was knocked in my bed and tangled in the covers. Leaving him to sleep, I walked to the living room taking a seat on the couch as I proceeded to feed my nephew.

I peered down into his innocent eyes, as he looked into mine with his small fist, wrapping around my finger. One tender and sweet baby already being treated wrongly.

"You're just handsome as ever." I stated softly, touching his tiny nose.

Carmelo was fed and burped. I noticed his eyes were still droopy, so I lay him on my chest as I lay my head on the armrest. I rubbed his back gently, as I looked towards the curtain closed window. My eyes became heavy the longer I lie there before they closed and I fell into another slumber with Carmelo. Awoken to loud talking and laughter, the sun shined more through the window and I felt a body squeezed between me and the couch pillows. It was Deuce.

I know my nephew may have woken up when he didn't feel my body heat.

"Aww, look at the nephews on they auntie." My mother stood on side of the couch with a smile.