V3 - Chapter Twenty Five.

𝐌𝐄𝐑𝐂𝐄𝐃𝐄𝐒 𝐉𝐎𝐇𝐍𝐒𝐎𝐍

               Dark clouds sprawled across sky, billowing in from the west while vehicles honked below, driving on the expressway. News played on the mounted television in the corner; the brunette news anchor spoke about the upcoming thunderstorm approaching the city. May and August were definitely my least favorite months since it was filled with hot air, thunderstorms, and tornadoes. With it being the second week of August, hot air and thunderstorms have become an everyday thing for Lyrewood.

I finally transitioned from a reproductive endocrinologist and my first prenatal appointment with an OB was on this Wednesday afternoon. Dr. Molly Calloway. A tall and medium build Caucasian woman with bright blue eyes and long, blonde wavy hair falling passed her shoulders. She was nice, sweet. A Kansas native, who graduated from University of Kansas and completed a residency at University of Oklahoma. She seemed to be genuinely passionate about her work.

I had to undergo a series of tests when I got here. Aware of this being one of the longest appointments I'd have to deal with during this pregnancy, I was exhausted and ready to go. Dr. Calloway had left for a brief moment while I sat on the bed, dressed in a yellow daisy print cami slip dress and white elastic strap chunky block heels. My hair was done in a halo braid, baby hairs slicked down nicely with a gold tone layered necklace and line bar gold earrings.

I looked down at the freshly done acrylics Giovanni blessed me with; coffin shaped and painted olive green with a subtle metallic finish added on the ring fingernail of my left hand.

Yesterday Jace graced Courtnee, Giovanni, and me with a mini spa day, wanting to take some stress off our shoulders after the loss of our Grandmother two weeks ago. My muscles were less tense, the facial deep cleansed my face, and the body treatment exfoliated me and softened my chocolate brown hue.

Even with my body and hair refreshed, I was still enraged with what Rico pulled. To think I done something on my own without him interfering.

Jokes on fucking me.

The door pushing open averted my attention from the big window and to my new obstetrician. The smile on her face was contagious, turning the corner of my lips slyly upward.

"Okay, I'm just going to ask you some questions about your health history and then we'll take you to the exam room for your ultrasound, okay?" She let me know, leaning back on the counter as I nodded.

"Well, I've never really been a sick kid. Got my chickenpox at around five, got my vaccine shots in time, and a few colds during the Winter season; never got the flu. Good with my checkups. Other than that, completely healthy."

She noted the information. "And your family?"

"I don't know anything about my paternal family. But my mother died from breast cancer in my preteen years. I got my mammogram when I turned forty, two years ago. And my Grandmother had Alzheimer's."

"What age was your Grandmother diagnosed with Alzheimer's."

"At forty-three. But I didn't find out until two years after."

Dr. Calloway appeared concerned as she looked at me. "Does that worry you? She's only a year older than you are now when she was diagnosed. Alzheimer's can be hereditary."