V2 - Chapter Nine.

I'd never missed the smell in this place

               I'd never missed the smell in this place. I'm sitting in the lobby of the county jail I was just released from a month ago. But instead of walking in with handcuffs, I walked in handcuff free and wearing a mock-neck chenille sweater tucked into my dark jeans and white slip-on Vans. My hair in a ponytail. My leg crossed over the other as I looked around waiting on the inmates to finally be brought out to see everyone here.

I heard the loud familiar buzzing sound of the doors opening. About twenty inmates ambled from the back. My eyes locked on Cameron. He has skin the color of caramel with thick and juicy lips. His braids are undone and he has a beard now; scruffy. The arms of his orange jumpsuit is wrapped around his waist with a white long sleeve. Sexy.

Standing from the table I met him halfway, pulling him into a hug. He chuckled, hugging me back before the guard decided to be a player hater and warn us to break apart.

We sat at the table and immediately he says, "daamnnnn, baby, you lookin' good then a bitch. And smell good."

"Why thank you," I snickered grabbing his hands. "How you doing in here?"

"Y'know... takin' shit day by day." He shrugged. "This ain't my first go round so I ain't trippin'. How you there?"

"Cool, I guess. Just dealing with my weird-ass birth giver," I rolled my eyes. "Other than that I gotta interview once I leave here and doing half days back at Lyrewood."

"Where you gotta interview at?"

"Target. Hopefully I even get it with a charge under my belt."

"Ain't like the shit theft," he chuckled lightly. "You gone get it. Ain't y'all old principal still missin' or some shit?"

"Yeah. They got pictures still hanging around. She was cool... but by this time shorty might be offed or back selling ass in Texas."

"Damn, so that shit was real?"

"Boy yes, we saw the mugshot."

"That's som' crazy shit cuz." Cameron licked his lips. "But bout me and you," he smirked, "I'm tryin' my best not to fuck the shit outta you right now, onna set."

I chuckled behind my hand. "Oh my goodness! Only if you knew how bad I wanted that to happen right now."

"So you been keepin' my pussy to yourself?" He raised an eyebrow.

"Boy, this mine," I replied then added, "but yeah. I ain't been doing nothin since I got out. Most I've been doing is watching porn and that don't do shit."

"Shit it would for me."

"Of course it would; you a nigga."

"Yeah, yo nigga and you better hold out for yo nigga, too. By next year in the Summer I'm out this shit."