Chapter Thirty.

KYLAN BURGESS

               Friday afternoon

Friday afternoon. I was seated in my office in the boys locker room, scanning over playbooks for tonights game. I had on a Tri-Blend short sleeve T-shirt with the schools' logo and dark grey jogger pants with 270 Nike Air Maxes. My dreads were tied, underneath the embroidered trucker-style mesh cap. My moved from the playbook and to Shawn, who walked in with a cheesy smirk.

"Well, look who decided to show up to work, late."

"Well, my brotha, I some cuddy last night." He plopped down in the chair.

My eyebrows raised. "Principal Richardson?"

"Carmen Richardson, yes suh," he snickered, "shit was bomb; phenomenal, bruh. She can work that ass, lemme tell you. Backseat of her car getting it in, you feel me?"

"Backseat of the car? Oh, she freak?"

"Freak, freak, freak," he laughed, causing me to do the same. "Shit, it surprised me, too wit the backseat cause I thought she wasn't spontaneous like dat. Under all them dresses and skirts," he kissed his fingertips, "Perfecto, my guy."

I chuckled, "Aight, I give you props. You actually smashed."

"I mean, why doubt? No woman can deny this face here," he gestured around his face.

"Fuck outta here," I waved him off, laughing.

"No foreal–"

Three knocks hit against my opened office door. Speak of the devil — Principal Richardson. She dressed more casually today, than usual; a hunter green colored graphic pullover with zip-up funnel neck and black high-rise jeans. But, she continued with a pair heels and her hair pulled back in a ponytail.

"Coach Burgess," she offered me a nod then looked at Shawn, "Coach Watson."

Coach Watson, huh. .

"You gentlemen busy?"

"Naw, what's going on?"

"This is about four of your players," she footed further into my office until she stood in front of my desk, next to the chair Shawn occupied.

"Who? What about em?"

My gaze glanced at Shawn when he mimicked like he was smacking her ass. Withholding my laugh, I planted my eyes back on Principal Richardson.

"Jonas Walker, Sharif Costello, Cameron Jackson, and DeAndre Calhoun are on academic probation as of today. They're failing in a core class." She placed the sheet of paper on my desk.

I breathed deeply when looking over the classes they were failing in. It irritated me because those four are my star players.

"Tonight we have a game."