Chapter Thirteen. .

CARMEN RICHARDSON

          "Bell rang five minutes ago gentlemen!" I spoke as I approached DeAndre, Sharif, and Jonas; standing at one of their lockers

I'm making my rounds while upperclassmen in their fourth period and freshman are at the lunch. I've always caught a few students trying to ditch, but I've been here a bit over a month now and know everywhere they may hide. I even put the security guards on game so they know where to check. I want them to take their education seriously. I don't want to have to result to ISR or suspension.

My single strap heels came to a halt once I reached them. "What you guys up to?"

"Nothing," Quickly all three of them replied.

I eyed them skeptically. "Mmhm," I crossed my arms over my chest, noticing their blocking the locker. "Spill it. What's going on? Why y'all blocking the locker?"

"It's no reason, Principal Rich... for real." DeAndre spoke seeming the most nervous.

"Get to class," I gestured my hand. "Go ahead, right now. I'm not moving until you three are in class."

DeAndre closed the locker. I was sure to follow them to class. They were all on the same hall but different classrooms. I start walking back towards the cafeteria to mingle with the freshman students. Once I walked in, one freshman girl with a caramel complexion stood in the lunch line lightly shoving a boy in front of her.

"Bitch you better move." I heard the boy say as I approached them.

Her face frowned. "Who you calling a bitch?"

"Girl you. Don't push me for I get my sister to beat yo ass."

"Get her! Ain't nobody—"

"We have a problem?" I asked standing beside them. She, and the boy looked at me. Another girl with a olive skin complexion and freckles scattered across her nose stood beside her, touching her curly puffball.

"Yeah, you need to get her." The boy pointed at the one that pushed him.

"Boy you cut me. Fuck you mean?"

"How about we watch our language, yeah?" I say, looking at the girl. She simply rolled her eyes. "Names?"

"Donta," the boy responded.

"Why?"

"Because I asked. Now what is your name?"

"Madison..." She had much attitude in her tone.

"You asking about names but not doing anything about him cutting us. What's really the point?" The girl that has nose freckles asked.

"And what's your name?" I inquired since she wanted to speak up.