V2 - Chapter Thirty Three.

𝐀𝐒𝐈𝐀 𝐉𝐈𝐌𝐄𝐍𝐄𝐙

               My heart hammered profusely inside my chest and breathing turned rapid. I feel a sense of queasiness and squatted on the floor trying to slow everything around me. I shut my eyelids while holding my forehead just as I overheard a door slam and my mother loudly calling my name. Leaping from the floor, I quickly grabbed a hold of the box on the counter and wrapped it in the small sack just as she pounded on the bathroom door.

"Asia! Unlock this damn door!"

I unlocked the knob and snatched the door open. "What?"

"Did you drive my fucking car?"

"Are you kiddin— You're screaming for me about your car?" I scoffed, walking by her and shaking my head.

"Because I told you not to drive it!" She shouted, trailing behind me.

"I drove it an hour ago to the fucking grocery store! You're daughters were hungry." I tossed the sack in the trashcan, "I know you don't care rather they eat or not, but I do. You on my ass about driving your raggedy ass bucket to a store right around the corner but never on Dmitri about driving it when he has his own shit."

"You shoulda woke me and fucking asked! And why the hell were you in the bathroom so long?"

"That's none of your business."

"Oh, yeah? What was in the sack?"

I opened the refrigerator and said, "None of your business."

"Mm-hm, okay. I'll just look in the trashcan."

Promptly, I released the refrigerator door and rushed over to the trashcan and guarded it before she could reach inside. "Just — mind your fucking business, Xiomara. Go and leave me alone."

"The hell are you hiding?" She questioned, confused.

"Who hiding something?" Marisol inquired as she footed in the kitchen in only a sports bra and velvet shorts.

"Nobody."

"And where are your fucking clothes Marisol?" My mother averted her attention to Marisol now.

I reached in the empty trashcan and grabbing a hold of sack I tossed inside, stuffing it into the pouch of my floral embroidered hoodie.

"Um. . . right here," She motioned to herself and chuckled. "What's the problem?"

"Why you and Jasmine not at school?"

"Last day before the break; who goes to school that day?"

"What's the problem? The fucking problem is you're walking around here in a bra and short-ass shorts when I have a man around here."

"He's not even here," she opened the pantry. "I'm just tryna air-dry and grab a snack. I'm going right back to my room. Fuck your stupid boyfriend."

"Am I not the mother around here? Seriamente?"

"You have to act like one to be one," Marisol expressed before she left with a snack in her hand.