V2 - Chapter Twenty.

𝐋𝐀𝐑𝐄𝐍𝐙 𝐃𝐀𝐍𝐈𝐄𝐋𝐒

               Dark colored walls and red oak hardwood floors. Ahead of me was the black manufactured wood storage television stand holding the sixty-two inch flatscreen and old basketball trophies and framed pictures occupying the shelves. My bed contained the blue-gray comforter and a upholstered headboard. A Tribe Called Quest rectangular framed art print mounted on the wall above the headboard. A saucer chair rested in the corner near the window.

My hands relaxed behind my head as I watched the ceiling fan spin and blow soft air onto my body. I had finally relocated to my father's massive mansion after his ultimatum. And I already missed staying at the townhouse and drowning my sorrows with liquor. Couldn't do that here since my father has every one of his house workers watching my every move to make sure I don't touch his liquor cabinet or even carry a bottle through the door to drink my own bottle.

My door opened as light reflected in while I kept my attention on the ceiling fan. I heard it close and footsteps halting in front of me. "Camila told me you were here," the voice belonged to Gianna, "You've been ignoring me and I–"

"Decided to stalk my sister," Chuckling I raised my upper body.

"Camila and I always talk Larenz. I wanted to check on you."

"Well, I'm good. . ."

She stared at me intently, "After your Mom died you've been such a asshole to me Larenz. Treating me as if I caused her to fucking die. I've been trying to be there for you, babe. Seriously. But not if you're gonna treat me like this—"

"Then leave Gi," I released a chuckle, "Leave. I'm not begging you to stay and deal with my grief. You can walk away scot-free."

Her eyes watered. "You think it's that easy? Walking away after two years Larenz? It may be easy for you but me, no. I love you — more than I love me. I want to be there for you because that's what a girlfriend does. Be there for you during hard times. This is one of your hard times so just let me—" my hand pulled from hers when she reached for mine, and she scoffed. "I can't touch you now?"

"Gi, foreal, being alone right now is what's best right now. I ain't tryna be thinking bout my own shit than worry bout you hurt I'm not answering yo calls or texts. My whole body hurt and I ain't got enough space to be worrying bout yours. Walk away."

"Don't — don't do this," She choked on her tears. "Why can't you just—"

"Dammit, Gi, walk away!" She flinched when I raised my voice and suddenly jumped up from the bed, "Let me deal wit my shit right now."

She sniffled and wiped her cheeks. "And how long will that take?"

"Ain't no time on grief Gi."

"Days? Months? Years?" Her voice quivered.

"Like I said; ain't no time on grief. And don't sit around and wait on my grief to bypass. Do you."

"Do me? Do me?!" She repeated as she sobbed, "You want me to fucking do me after the years we been together. You're in the dark and I want to be there for you but you're breaking up with me and telling me to do me like I can just move on from you? Well, news-fucking-flash I can't! I'm not you! I can't just throw our history away because you're grieving. That's bullshit!" She scoffed bitterly, "Girls can be the best girlfriend; be there for their man when they are down, give him great head and a great fucking sex but it's never enough. It will never be enough. Grieve all you want Larenz. But when you come out this grieving state, don't call me. Fuck you!"