𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟗

❛❛ i dont know what to do yeosang.
i've only kept being strong for soojin.. ❜❜
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

 ❜❜━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

the sun was already setting from the horizon, but the carriage from zeeta is still nowhere to be seen.

jongho sat on the steps of the palace, waiting for the arrival of his beloved princess. every minute was like torture to him as he was starting to get worried.

a tap on his shoulder distracted him from his thoughts. jongho stared at his sister, a little puzzled as to why she was there "jiseon, how long have you been standing there?"

the younger chuckled "for a while now" the prince stood up and dusted his pants before standing in front of his sister.

"they should be here by now?" jongho's tone was filled with worry as his sister only nodded with a tight smile. she too was starting to get worried.

jiseon knew that jongho has fallen for the young princess and would do any for her. she was glad that jongho has found his happiness as she has also found her's with zeeta's second prince.

jiseon and soobin's feelings were mutual, both were very fond of eachother and will be very much happy if they were to get married in the future, they were planning it as soon as she turned 18.

"they probably just took a stop to rest, they should arrive before or after diner"

jongho nodded at his sister, thanking her for the comfort she was giving him.

dinner soon came as the crown prince only picked on his food— having lost his appetite as he was still very worried, an unsettling feeling tugging at his heart.

a servant suddenly barged through the doors of the dining hall, paper in hand as he frantically bowed down to the royal family.

the king stared at the servant, his brow raised at the sudden intrusion "what is it that you have disturbed me and my family's dinner?"

the whole family was focused on the servant as the voice of the king boomed through the dining hall.

"i just received a letter from one of our soldiers" the servant said "they said that they have found the carriage of princess soojin in the middle of ppalgan forest"

jongho's heart shriveled at the mention of the young princess, his blood running cold as the next words of the servant echoed in his ears.

"they said that the entourage was ambushed, leaving three dead soldiers" the servant inhaled "the princess and the head of the palace guards were not seen, they might have escaped or have been captured"

jongho stood up, fist slamming on the table. the whole royal family was shocked by the news that they've heard. the king excused the servant as the man bowed before leaving.