𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟔𝟑

❛❛ you're being childish ❜❜
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

❛❛ you're being childish ❜❜━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

the man leans against the window, facing the woman who was currently eating alone inside the big dinning hall.

knife and fork in hand, she takes a small bite of her steak "if you have something to say, say it now" she places her utensils down and elegantly wipes her mouth with a cloth.

"today's the birthday of sangchul's youngest child, soojin" he says, taking a seat a couple of chairs away from her.

she looks up, a blank look plastered on her beautiful face. she places the napkin back to her lap "and?"

"my men found out that they're currently in sagwa, and i believe that kingdom will be helping them. king joonho has invited a couple of other kingdoms for her birthday celebration today and i guess they're trying to gain more reinforcement"

"so they're going to war?" she says, a sly grin creeping on her face as she takes a sip of her wine.

"i guess so"

she brings the glass down "then.. i guess we must prepare for war as well" she eyes the man, returning back to her dinner "is that all you were going to say?"

jongil stands, nodding his head as he aims towards the door, he stops short, turning towards the queen once again.

"you remember that kid, jung wooyoung?"

the queen stops, clenching her fist tightly around the cutlery "what about him?"

"i saw him back when we raided the ship. the boy was there, who knew we would encounter him again"

"his mother is a whore that destroyed my family" she slams her utensils down, locking eyes with jongil "i guess we would be seeing our little plaything once again"

-

soojin wakes up with the sunlight peering through her windows. the warm wind from outside enters through her opened balcony; which she forgot to close last night.

a smile was evident on her face as she stretches her hands up, the sun hitting her ring as it glinted against the sunlight.

she sits at the edge of her bed before standing, touching the flowers on her vase, her fingers staying longer on the particular blue rose.

a knock disturbs her train of thoughts, followed by a voice "good morning princess soojin, its wendy.. are you awake?"

soojin opens the door with a bright smile "good morning!" she greets cheerfully.

wendy bows "good morning your highness" she smiles at the princess "you look very happy today, did something special happen yesterday?-- aside as it being your birthday"