𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟓𝟒

❛❛ every flower has its own meaning.
why cant the twilight bloom have one? ❜❜
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

why cant the twilight bloom have one? ❜❜━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

soojin had her shoulders slumped, mouth morphed into a pout as she walks slowly down the hallways.

her eyes were plastered to the glass windows, looking at the beautiful view outside. the day had already turned to night, the sky dark with the moon and the stars painted over it like specks of white paint over a black canvas. it was beautiful. the servants had already turned on the small lamp posts around the garden which gave the place a very alluring hue.

yet, she couldn't fully admire the beauty outside.

the incident earlier was still bothering her. the way wooyoung looked at her was something she just couldn't make up. soojin felt sad that there was a distance growing between her and the gunner once again.

it was like they were truly back to square one.

she exhaled for a long time, before releasing it, hoping it had calmed her mind. it didnt.

she was irritated, but tried to convince herself that maybe the gunner was just adjusting to the palace or maybe he was just having a bad day.

their interaction was just short, simple and nothing to be bothered about.. but it did bother her. his persona was like the one she saw back when she first arrived at the ship, cold and distant. it was like wooyoung had closed the book he had opened for her, slamming it shut before she could even read it properly.

she was overthinking and overreacting at this point.

soojin pressed her lips together as she attempts to persuade herself once again. maybe he was just having a bad day.. it'll be better tomorrow, i hope.

"a penny for your thoughts"

she snaps out of her trance as she stared straight ahead.

hongjoong had his hands stuffed into his pockets, his long furry coat looking oversized against him- making the captain smaller yet intimidating because of its striking red color.

yeosang was beside him, arms crossed as he looks at her worriedly.

she smiles at the two "its nothing" she said, walking towards them and placings her hands behind her back "where are you two going?"

"you" hongjoong said.

"me?"

the wizard nodded his head "we were planning to ask you, to join us. we're going to the garden. check out the twilight bloom"

she beams at the mention of the flower. nodding as a sign, the trio made their way down the halls and out into the garden. yeosang speaks of facts about the flower as the two listen to him intently. hongjoong was amazed that a flower like this even existed, he couldn't wait to see it.