𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟔𝟗

❛❛ you deserve to be loved
and to love freely ❜❜
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

❛❛ you deserve to be lovedand to love freely ❜❜━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

a week had passed by like a blur. zeeta had to go through a lot of repair and rehabilitation to get it back to how it was before.

the damage done during the battle was one that every person would never forget.

the people of zeeta were more than happy have the siblings back. the kingdom rejoiced at the return of their once lost prince and princess.

but the kingdom couldnt deny the sadness it held for all those who have passed during the battle. citizen lost relatives and zeeta lost great warriors who were only under the control of the queen-- mindlessly doing whatever she ordered with no say about it.

soojin was taking her time walking down the hall, a tray held between her hands as she balances the contents carefully.

her dress flowing at the calm breeze that passes by the palace's open halls. her eyes were looking outside, the curtains pulled back to reveal the sunny day the outside world had to offer. she could see a glimpse of the village, the people looking like tiny ants as they marched their way around.

everything was almost back to normal.

her left arm was still healing, but she was thankful that she can now move without feeling much pain.

"soojin!" she turns around, smiling towards the incoming person. she backs up a little and meets him halfway.

seonghwa was beaming beside her, carefully walking with only one foot available-- the navigator had crutches resting below his armpits while one of his two feet was wrapped neatly with a white bandage.

when the navigator returned with an injured leg... lets just say he received a mouthful from hongjoong.

yunho's situation wasnt any better. the quartermaster had managed to knock his head hard during the battle and suffered from partial amnesia for two days, leaving everybody worried. mingi couldnt even sleep until the quartermaster got his memories back.

when yunho fully recovered, he received not only a handful of scolding from hongjoong but from his lover as well.

"be careful" soojin chuckles, eying the taller up and down "how's life with your crutches?"

"itchy" he replies, face morphing it a funny face that the princess couldn't help but laugh at.

a comfortable silence settles upon them, the two enjoying the peacefulness that was shared between them.

seonghwa peeks at her from the corner of his eyes, pressing his lips into a thin smile "have you talked to wooyoung?"

the princess sighs before subtly shaking her head.