𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟔

❛❛ no! im telling you to be patient and
let him warm up to you on his own ❜❜
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

❛❛ no! im telling you to be patient andlet him warm up to you on his own ❜❜━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

wooyoung stared down on the broken pieces of the once whole box.

its wooden debris was scattered all over the deck with the fruits it held rolling into different directions.

soojin looked up and stared into the gunner, the latter's gaze as sharp as a knife as it pierce through her, sending all the foul words he wanted to shout out loud.

she felt herself getting red "i-im so sorry" the princess utters, crouching down as she carefully starts picking up the fruit.

wooyoung just stared at her small figure, watching the girl do her work as she picked up the fruits and bundled them up in her arms.

"pick those up! you idiot!" wooyoung watched behind the door as his mom was constantly kicked over on her stomach "faster!"

his mom whimpered at every hit but she never fought back, only obeying the orders and enduring the pain that every kick send through her body.

"how long does it take for a person to pick those up!!" the women pulled his mother's hair. his mother only silently screamed as she pleaded, the fruits she picked up fell to the floor once again "do your job properly!"

wooyoung only watched, his small heart aching at the sight of his mother. her ragged clothes were dirty and ripped like his.

wooyoung couldnt watch as his mother get hurt. he did not understand why she was getting punished.

so 7 year old wooyoung reveal himself behind the door and came towards his mother "stop!"

the women did stop and turned towards the young boy "mind your own business child!" she came towards wooyoung and was about to smack him when his mother came and blocked the incoming hit.

the woman slapped his mother, leaving a red mark over her cheek, she winced "p-please– do anything to me but not my son" she begged.

the woman glared at her then at wooyoung "do your job properly. pick those up and clean! if i get back here and this places isnt spotless, you'll get more smacking"

wooyoung shivered as his memories arise. he clenched his fist as the princess stood up, she was cradling a bunch of fruit in her arms now, all in different shapes and sizes.

"why do you keep bumping into me" the gunner spat, his voice ice cold.

soojin looked down on the fruits she held.

"im s-sorry..."

wooyoung rolled his eyes as he left to grab a small container, a crate that looked similar to the one before. the princess placed the fruits she held inside before continuing to pick up the rest with the gunner.