22 ; duelling clubs and parselmouths ✔︎

LITTLE MISS MUDBLOOD – ACT 1 : SCENE 2 : CHAPTER 22

⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆

Y/N woke early Sunday morning to find the dormitory blazing with winter sunlight and her body back to normal, but very stiff. She heaved herself into a sitting position and looked over at Colin's bed, but had been blocked from view by the high curtains Y/N had changed behind yesterday. Seeing that she was awake, Madam Pomfrey came bustling over with a breakfast tray and drew the curtains. She peeled away Y/N's night dress and jacket and began unwrapping the bandages holding her ribs together.

"All in order," she said as she helped Y/N into a pair of jeans. Y/N stiffly bent her arms and zipped up her jacket she was previously wearing, pulling the sleeves over her hands. "When you've finished eating, you may leave. Remember to stretch!"

Y/N ate as fast as her stiff limbs would allow and looked over to Harry's bed. He was still asleep. Grumbling, she hauled her bag (which had her Quidditch uniform) over her shoulder and went searching for her friends. Saving herself the stiff trip, Y/N first searched Moaning Myrtle's Bathroom and, unsurprisingly, found the five already starting the Polyjuice Potion.

"Y/N!" said Hermione, surprised. She was leaning out of the end stall, a shocked look on her face. "You scared us – come over here – how are you feeling?"

"Very unlike myself," said Y/N jokingly, hiking over to the stall. "But I'm sure I'll be back in a jiffy. I just need to stretch a lot."

"Oh," said Hermione. "Good."

Y/N squeezed into the stall. An old cauldron was perched on the toilet, and a crackling from under the rim told Y/N they had lit a fire beneath it. It wasn't unlike Hermione to conjure up portable, waterproof fire.

Harry came into the bathroom soon after Y/N did, starting to tell them about Colin, but Hermione interrupted.

"We already know – we heard Professor McGonagall telling Professor Flitwick this morning. That's why we decided we'd better get going –"

"The sooner we know if it's Malfoy the better," said Theodore, watching Daphne tearing bundles of knotgrass and throwing them in the potion.

"D'you know what I think?" snarled Ron. "I think Malfoy was in such a foul temper after the Quidditch Match, he took it out on Colin."

"There's something else," said Harry. "Dobby came to visit me in the middle of the night."

Ron and Hermione looked up, amazed, but Theodore, Blaise, and Daphne were thoroughly confused. Harry told them everything Dobby had said – or hadn't said. The five listened with their mouths open.

The Chamber of Secrets has been opened before?" said Blaise, who hadn't been talking much.

"This settles it," said Ron triumphantly. "Lucius Malfoy must've opened the Chamber when he was at school here and now he's told dear old Draco how to do it. It's obvious. Wish Dobby'd told you what kind of monster's in there, though. I want to know how come nobody's noticed it sneaking around the school."