39 ; expecto patronum

LITTLE MISS MUDBLOOD – ACT 1 : SCENE 3 : CHAPTER 39

A feeling of anger and disappointment arose in Y/N when she learned of what Hermione had done. Honestly, even if Sirius Black had sent Harry the Firebolt, it wouldn't have mattered; Harry survived both a jinx and a rogue bludger and he fell over fifty feet from his Nimbus and still survived. He wasn't called the boy who lived for no reason.

Harry and Ron were, for obvious reasons, furious too. Harry couldn't actually use the broom until it was completely stripped down and put back together, and Ron wanted to win the Quidditch Cup as badly as Wood. Now Hermione spent most of her days in the Inter-House common room, which had become a hotspot for most students when they had returned shortly after the New Year.

Y/N, however, couldn't care less once her team came back. She called for a meeting in the Slytherin common room the night before term started.

"We are to play Ravenclaw one week after term starts," she said, worry straining her voice as she paced. "So naturally, I've booked the Pitch for every day except Tuesday and Thursday."

"The two busiest days of the week," said Adrian Pucey, tilting his head. "But how? Madam Hooch doesn't allow us to do that."

"Uhm, bribing, of course," Y/N scoffed. "I gave her my Nimbus Two-Thousand and One."

"What!" yelled the team. Y/N rolled her eyes.

"Ugh, you guys are such worry warts," she said, crossing her arms. "I've got a new broom – a better broom."

"Oh, you've got a Nimbus Two-Thousand and Two?" said Noah Armado, a substitute Beater, sarcastically.

"Watch your tone with me," Y/N said sharply. He raised his arms in defeat, leaning back on the couch. "I've got a Firebolt you bloody idiots."

"A Firebolt? You've got a Firebolt?" said Theodore in awe, hopping up and out of his seat.

"That's what I said," Y/N muttered, and whistled lowly.

Her Firebolt came zooming out of her room and hovered in front of her, right at the perfect place for her to mount it. She smiled tightly as the boys (and girls) gasped with awe, eyes wide as they slowly stood to get a better view of it.

"Sit down!" said Y/N, and they groaned, falling back onto the armchairs and sofas. "Now, our strategy. . . ."

Classes started again the next day. The last thing anyone felt like doing was spending two hours on the grounds on a raw January morning, but Hagrid had provided a bonfire full of salamanders for their enjoyment, and they spent an unusually good lesson collecting dry wood and leaves to keep the fire blazing while the flame-loving lizards scampered up and down the crumbling, white-hot logs. The first Divination lesson of the new term was much less fun; Professor Trelawney was now teaching them palmistry, and she lost no time in informing Harry that he had the shortest life line she had ever seen. Y/N, of course, snickered, and asked why she had a long life line, but had seen the grim.