Crushing

Words: 986

Warnings: kissing

I walked into my third-period class. After this class I had lunch and I couldn't wait for that little thirty-five-minute break that I got to spend with my best friends.

I had one of my closest friends in this class and also my crush. I really liked him but I knew that I shouldn't. Myself and him used to be bestest of friends in elementary school and middle school, us two were basically inseparable but then ended up drifting apart. When I got into high school I started to see a change in him and kind of drifted. He was a notorious player and didn't give a damn about anyone but himself, and after a couple of weeks into freshman year he had completely changed...

"Y/n," Amy nudged you, "Joe's staring at you."

"No, no he's not," I said. Not wanting to give myself false hope, knowing that it would only lead to heartbreak.

"Yes, yes he is." She said.

I shook my head but Amy kept trying to prove it to me. Finally, I looked up to see him actually looking at me. A slight blush formed on my cheeks after I looked back down at my paperwork.

The rest of the period went by just like that, both of us stealing secret glances at each other, and the teacher droning on and on about the quadratic formula. Finally the bell for lunch rang and I rushed out of class, being the first one out.

I met my friends outside of the cafeteria and grabbed my food. Conversation with my friends always flowed naturally, that's what I loved the most about it. We could talk about the most random stuff for hours and hours.

About ten minutes after I sat down Joe came up to my table. "Hey," he said "is it cool if I sit here with you today?" He asked.

"Yeah, of course," I said. I wasn't really one to stutter or act nervous around people. I definitely got nervous and scared but I never let it show. Ever.

"Cool." Said Joe. He sat down right next to me and my friends scooted down the table to give us room.

Joe and I talked for what seemed like forever. The conversation flowed naturally and my sense of humor was almost identical.

Towards the end of lunch Joe's expression turned serious.

"Y/n..." he started, staring deep into my eyes "do you like me?"

The question caught me off guard and for the first time I were visibly nervous. "Oh, um.." oh, what the hell? What did I have to lose? "Well yeah, actually. I kinda do."

All of a sudden Joe whipped around to face his friend who was apparently sitting on the table directly behind me. "Ha! I fucking told you bro," started Joe "you owe me twenty bucks. Loser." He said, rubbing it into his friends face.

I chuckled dryly and shook your head. Of course. Of fucking course.

I got up and faced both of them with cold emotionless eyes and scoffed. "You son of a bitch," I said in a low voice, keeping my tone indifferent although I knew my eyes showed the betrayal and disbelief I felt.

I shook my head at him in a mix of disbelief and disgust and walked away. I walked straight for the door not sparing them a second glance even as Joe called my name.

Tears threatened to spill out of my eyes so I decided to just ditch my last class. What was the point, anyway? I went straight for the parking lot and unlocked my car in record time. I didn't plan on leaving the school because I had to give Amy a ride, so I just sat in the drivers seat and played y music to try and drown out my thoughts.

I was actually having a pretty good time all by myself in the car. My favorite songs were playing and I was having a blast singing along at full volume. I heard someone tap the window of my car, I looked over to see who it was. Joe.

I sighed and hesitantly got out of the car to see what he wanted. "What?" I snapped.

Joe stared at me for what seemed like forever until he did something I didn't expect. He grabbed my hand and pulled into the tightest hug of my life.

"I'm so sorry.' he whispered into my ear. The scent of his cologne brought back memories from junior high that I would have otherwise forgotten. Just then, I realized that I missed the shit out of him, I missed his laugh, the way his eyebrows wrinkled when I made a joke he didn't get, the way both of us would be there for each other at the end of a rough day, I missed everything about him. I hesitantly lifted my arms and wrapped them around Joe, hugging him back.

Both of us stood there wrapped in each others embrace for who knows how long, until he finally let me go. He looked into my eyes and sudden confidence struck his eyes. The next thing I knew his lips were on mine and I could taste the mint leftover from the gum he was chewing.

"P.s," he said, pulling away, "I like you too."

Hiii, I haven't uploaded on this book for a while and I'm so sorry and I think I might write a couple of imagines for this book and work on the James White book I started not too long ago. But, all in all, I will soon be finishing this book. I think I might want to get to 100 parts and then finish it. Really wanna get the triple digits really ahah. Anyway, I hope you guys liked this and I might be doing a couple of crush-like imagines here. Hope ya'll liked it <3 xoxo