Hair (Maximoff Twins)

Yeah, yeah, again with the Maximoffs. I have I problem, ok? This one really is super short.

//////////////////////////////////////////////

Thirteen year old Pietro leaned against a tree in the medium sized yard, his sister's head in his lap. He held three locks of her hair in his hands, and was twisting it around his fingers, moving the forming French braid down her head. He bounced his knee slightly. "Wanda, sit up so I can finish this." Wanda did as she was asked, allowing her brother to continue his work, which she could tell he was hyperfocused on. He had only reached the top of her neck when a voice rang out.

"Hey, it's the Maximoff losers!" Luis exclaimed. At sixteen, he and his girlfriend were the oldest kids at the orphanage. Though his girlfriend was getting adopted. Why, the twins couldn't understand.

"Hey, Pietro, nice job with your sister's hair!" Said girlfriend, Lilianna, added. "Are you gay?"

"If I was gay, why would I need to know how to braid my sister's hair?" Pietro responded calmly, finishing the braid, tying the end. "And is that the worst thing you could come up with? Because it's lame."

Wanda giggled.

"You think that's funny, Wanda?" Luis growled. He lunged forward, yanking her to him.

She yelped as she was slammed against the fence.

"You still think that that's funny?!" He punched her in the face. She angrily kicked him where the sun didn't shine, and Pietro shoved him off of her.

He glared at Wanda. "You're a little witch!"

Wanda smirked at him. "Who says that's a bad thing?"

She and Pietro ran to the basketball court. The guy serving as team captain perked up upon seeing them. They were surprisingly good, especially Wanda, as of how short she was. "Hey, Maximoffs! You up for a game?"

"Sure!" Pietro said.

The twins quickly joined in and spent the last half hour of recess playing with the mostly older teens.

-Six years later-

Wanda stood in front of her mirror and sighed. "Time to figure out how to do my own hair," She told herself. "It's just a French braid. How hard can it be?" Approximately five minutes and three dramatically failed attempts later, she was exasperated. "How did Pietro enjoy doing this?!"

She sighed and tried again. And again. And again. And again. Every attempt failed. She glared at the framed picture of her and Pietro from their 19th birthday. "You're just rolling with laughter in your grave, aren't you? Don't judge if you're not going to help." She tried again, this time attempting two braids, deciding that it would be easier. After several more failures, she was surprised to notice that this time, it was suddenly much easier. When she finished the braid, it looked like she had done it a million times.

She furrowed her eyebrows in confusion. Then she moved on to the next braid, expecting to screw up big time again. Just like before though, her hands moved deftly, and she somehow ended up with another perfect braid. She suddenly heard Pietro's smug voice in her head. 'How's that for help?' Then it was gone.

Wanda smiled. It might be silly, but she answered the voice aloud. "It was perfect. Thank you Pietro."

She got no reply, but she didn't need one. She smiled, heading to the main room to go to Nat's birthday party at some fancy restaurant with the other Avengers.

"Your hair looks great, Wanda!" Nat complimented.

"Thank you."