Lovesick (WinterWitch)

Post-Civil War. Hope this works. Also, Wanda's 23. They're not a couple yet.

////////////////////////////////////

Bucky heard loud music blaring from the attic/Wanda's room. Team Cap was at a hunting cabin that wasn't currently in use by its owners. It was out in the woods, which was nice. They didn't have to worry about anyone finding them for a while. The house was usually loud, but not usually filled with music that was definitely audible but not understandable.

"Can someone go tell Wanda to turn it down?" Sam asked.

"I will," Bucky grumbled. The other guys were watching some show that Bucky didn't understand. Going to tell Wanda to turn down her music should be a piece of cake.

He got up, walking to the hallway. He pulled down the ladder, and climbed up it, the music getting so loud that it hurt his ears. Jeez, was she trying to make herself go deaf?

Bucky heard a new song start. Sounded like some breakup song. Cheery. "Hey, Wan-" He cit himself off when he noticed that she was laying facedown, sobbing. He froze. Her had absolutely no idea what to do in this situation. Heck, he didn't even know what the situation WAS.

"Wanda?" He walked over to her bed, sitting down next to her.

"Go away," She said, her voice muffled by the pillows.

"What's wrong?" He persisted.

"I said 'go away', Bucky!" She rolled onto her side with her back to him.

He huffed. He needed to find out what was bothering her. He had three sisters, he knew how to deal with crying girls as long as he knew WHY they were crying.

"What's wrong, Wanda? I won't tell anyone if you don't want me to. But tell me. Or tell, someone what's wrong. I'll go get them for you. But just crying won't help for too long."

"If I told you it's just my period, would you leave me alone?"

"If I believed you- which I don't- I probably wouldn't. He**, I wouldn't either way. I had three sisters back in the 40s, girl. I know how to help with girly crying. So, for the millionth time, what's wrong?"

"I-I... you remember Vision from Leipzig?"

"The robot? Yeah. What about him?"

Wanda sighed. "Before this, the other Avengers were always teasing us about how we should get together. I laughed it off until one day Vizh asked me out. I said yes, because, why not? I went, and enjoyed myself. We halfway became a thing. Then this civil war rolled around. And when I was in... in that place." Wanda gently ran a hand over the burn scar on her neck.

"I had a lot of time to think, to sort things out. And now I don't know if I ever really liked him, or if my powers were just causing his feelings to effect mine- I really don't know."

"Well..." Bucky dwelled on the idea for a few moments. "I think you're gonna have to do some more soul-searching, Maximoff. If you don't feel like you genuinely wee meant to be with him, don't feel bad about it. It wasn't meant to last."

"'A thing isn't beautiful because it lasts,'" Wanda muttered.

"Huh?"

"Something Vizh said, never mind it."

"It's a pretty cool quote. Vision seems like a smart guy."

"Oh, he is." She sighed.

"Hey, now, Doll. It'll be ok. What's bothering you most."